Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
Speaking of all new materials, here some better sneekpeaks of Misha's contributions to Halo 2 Anniversary at 17:00 and on:

By the way Misha/any of the guys, did this make it onto Juggernaut? :D :

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Speaking of all new materials, here some better sneekpeaks of Misha's contributions to Halo 2 Anniversary at 17:00 and on:

By the way Misha/any of the guys, did this make it onto Juggernaut? :D :

Sadly no, I think someone asked him that before. I'm sure what did make it on will be even better though :hbang:

Thorerges

Reaction score
I am really curious as to what the new periphery vocals will sound like. i am hoping less of the emo type shit.

JEngelking

Gravity is Shifting!
Reaction score
I am hoping for you know, whatever the .... Spencer thinks will fit and knocking that out of the damn park

Agreed with this. If this is anything to go off as to how the vocals will sound on Juggernaut, I'll be very pleased. Granted, I not very picky when it comes to things like that and I like everything that Periphery has released, but still. :lol:

jjfiegel

Reaction score
I'm hoping they just release an instrumental album. hey misha what are the chances that we get an instrumental version?

>>
<<

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
We wanted to have two discs but not force people getting physical copies to get both at once if they didn't want to. Also with it being a long album we wanted people to digest it properly and felt that if it was part of a double album the second half might have less importance than the first. Finally being able to have separate artwork for each half and not having to do one of those bulky double disc cases (which brick and mortar stores are not big fans of stocking) or one of those flimsy slim double cases was much more enticing to us.

All of the above does make sense. Personally Id prefer to buy two separate albums, even if I have to pay for two albums I just like it better that way. And its smart to just release em at the same time rather than like 6-12 months apart because then some people would think the latter release is the new direction your headed when that wouldn't be true because they were both done at the same time. Im assuming the songs are separated in a way that distinguishes one album from the other

bulb

Reaction score
All of the above does make sense. Personally Id prefer to buy two separate albums, even if I have to pay for two albums I just like it better that way. And its smart to just release em at the same time rather than like 6-12 months apart because then some people would think the latter release is the new direction your headed when that wouldn't be true because they were both done at the same time. Im assuming the songs are separated in a way that distinguishes one album from the other

The songs actually ended up being separated in the way they are just because of what happens in the story, rather than sprinkling styles of music throughout the album. We wanted everything to come out at the same time because it's all the same story. We just didn't want certain parts to get less attention because of the amount of material, so this seems like the best solution!

jjfiegel

Reaction score
We aren't releasing an instrumental, what you get is what you get! Enjoy!

yeah but i want a version without spencer's crappy voxals

I'm making a crappy joke I'm sorry I love Spencer

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't Spencer doing some Sikth-type stuff with his vocals in some low quality clip they released a while back?

Either way, considering his improvements from the first album to This Time It's Personal, I'm excited to hear how even further along Sponce has come :yesway:

jjfiegel

Reaction score
When I saw them on the Escape the Studio Tour Spencer was sick, and that was the best I have ever heard him. So there's that.

bulb

Reaction score
Will there be any sneak-peeks to tide us over until January? :kiss:

Yup, you will get a sneak peek of a song in less than two weeks and you might hear a tiny snippet from another song with a promo video that should be going up sometime this week!

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
When you consider the fact that Misha/Periphery rose to fame thanks to his rad instrumental songs he would upload to soundclick/soundcloud, I'm sure he realizes that he's probably always gonna be associated with that. Although he definitely knows how to make an instrumental song that sounds like there's an underlying vocal line, that's for sure. But I'm sure he's stoked that he's at a point where he doesn't feel any pressure to make *only* instrumental music to be relevant.

')