Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I was about to chime in with Antarctica, but then I remembered that Metallica played there.

Mr_Metal_575

Reaction score
Me waiting for the preorders
Pillado-1.gif

Xplozive

Reaction score
Australians complaining about Americans complaining about missing a periphery gig :coffee: ... :lol:, still though, I believe Periph already went to Australia two or three times right?

the most we got here was a clinic done by Tosin where he packed full a medium-size theater (around 800 people, only for a clinic, promoted ONLY by a music store)

*now, eagerly awaiting for a South African to say me how their situation is even worse :lol: *
Yea they have been here four seperate times. Once as openers for dillinger, 2nd time headlining with tesseract as support, 3rd sounwave festival and 4th headlining with aal as support...us aussies dont have it so bad at all!

bulb

Reaction score
It's definitely a pretty different song by Periphery standards, we thought it would be fun to start with something like that this time around. Give it a few listens as it definitely is a grower haha.

Alice AKW

Wolf Ninja
Reaction score
It's definitely a pretty different song by Periphery standards, we thought it would be fun to start with something like that this time around. Give it a few listens as it definitely is a grower haha.

The production is phenomenal, and the section leading up to and from 2:30, dat tension <3

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
This new song is certainly very different. It definitely seems like a section from a concept album.

Yeah and that's why this is the only song I'm going to listen before the full album because maybe then it is easier to appreciate. Kinda odd song to pick as the first taste of the new album(s). I mean if I would have heard something like Erised as the first song from the second album instead of Make Total Destroy then my conception of the album would've been completely different.

I just hope there will be still plenty of fast, heavy stuff on this album. It's not fun to do and listen the same album over and over again but sometimes too much progression can have a negative effect. Just my :2c:

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Final date of the tour is in Philly on a SATURDAY for once?! Looks like I'm going back home that weekend!!! :wub: Excited for the double album deal too, I'll be buying a copy of both! :D

My god I might be able to make it for once....

I've missed Periphery the last 3 times they've come around here due to school :mad:

I live about 45 minuets from Philly. Super-ss.org-periphery-show meetup?

JoeyBTL

Reaction score
It sounds great. It makes me even more excited for the album(s). It's great on its own but you can definitely tell it's a part of something bigger. Very cinematic which I can tell already it fits the vibe of telling a story throughout the music.

Sebski

Reaction score
Really glad to see this kind of direction taken. I'm hoping there will be more like this across the two albums.

Top effort from Spencer as well.

Is anyone else finding the mix a bit funny at times? I think it's the crashes that sound a bit drowned out, especially noticeable in the section starting 1:00 in.

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
How ....ing rad is it that the man himself comes on here to answer all of our annoying questions? Super ....ing rad.

<3 Periphery

shpence

Reaction score
I want to pre-order the albums but I haven't had much luck with those types of vendors and timeliness. I'll go to Best Buy that first week. Digging the new song.

Seybsnilksz

Reaction score

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
I dig it. Pre-ordered the vinyl because I've started collecting weird colored vinyl lately. Excited to give the whole album a listen. Not too far off it would seem.

Taylord

Reaction score
Yeah, great song writing! Takes genius to come up with good simple songs. Mix is an awesome change too.

')