Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

boni

Reaction score
It's so grotesquely unfair that these guys are only playing these small clubs and a plethora of talentless hacks are dominating the larger club/arena circuit. Absolutely absurd. If only people valued musicianship when they saw it.

It takes time, because periphery is a difficult band to digest, even for people who are used to this type of music.

People who listen only to things like generic metalcore need to to "practice" their own taste in music. Aesthetics perception is subjective, but it evolves too. If someone likes metal, some day they are going be appreciative and feel for polyrhythmic music and complex progressive metal/music.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
It's so grotesquely unfair that these guys are only playing these small clubs and a plethora of talentless hacks are dominating the larger club/arena circuit. Absolutely absurd. If only people valued musicianship when they saw it.

They'll get there. I mean in the past year Periphery seem to have been doing a fuck load of pretty sweet gigs with some awesome bands, have been signed, released an album and gotten an Ibanez endorsement. I'd say they're getting their just rewards already, but its only a taste of whats to come.

I used to not get Periphery. Didn't like them at all, but in the past few months I have seem the Light (See what I did there) and I now worship at the altar of Bulb. This is just the beginning for these chaps.

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
^I really have to agree with the above, I was not into Periphery or Bulb for the longest time, but one day I was out at a music store and decided to pick up the record, it really didn't take long to get hooked, and now it's my go to album when I have no new music to listen to.

ManBeast

Reaction score

Unfortunately that's what happens when you've sold ~8000 records.

Regardless of what we feel here we're obviously in the minority. With time they could get a bigger following and the arena's will follow.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
^That is awfully nice of him. :agreed:

Holy shit another Michigander!? :eek: we are invading this place. :lol:

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
So my house mate just walked in really stoned and asked me what Meshuggah song I was listening too while I was listening to the end of Eureka :lol:

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
^ The song's called "captain on".
Never heard of it before :scratch:
I think it's new :yesway:

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score

Latest posts

')