Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
As long as there is a mandatory Bulb demo song or two on it then I'm happy. Really wish they'd finally do Unleash The Pwnies. Even as a b-side track.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
As long as there is a mandatory Bulb demo song or two on it then I'm happy. Really wish they'd finally do Unleash The Pwnies. Even as a b-side track.
I don't know if Misha has any demos, but Mark is using two old demos on the album which I'm pumped about.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
Ummm so does anyone get periphery fatigue? I feel like they drop an album every year

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score

BREEZE WHEN.
You can't hide from me forever Misha, you promised! :lol:

I’m hoping they’ll name it ‘Just have fun with it’ so us 10-12 goob-tards on SSO can feel like a somebody for the first time...(sarcasm):lol:...

Or a song title. Shit, even a liner notes memo would be absolutely hilarious.

Ummm so does anyone get periphery fatigue? I feel like they drop an album every year

I think it's because they communicate with their fanbase a lot. Like we've known they've been working on new material for what, like a year now? The actual releases are far enough apart, but they don't feel like it because we're so "in the loop."

From what I've heard so far the new album just sounds nasty and visceral- I'm really excited for it. P3 was good but felt a little safe...I think this one is going to be a bit more adventurous and I'm all for that.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Wouldn't say a single minute is indicative of the entire album's direction at all. If we had heard the middle section of Motormouth and assumed P3 was going to be an aggressive album we'd be extremely surprised :lol:

That being said, excited as always. I got burnt out on P3 extra early, but always happy for new material.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
That being said, excited as always. I got burnt out on P3 extra early, but always happy for new material.

Do you mean all new material(s)?

latest

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Mark is tracking Sentient Glow! I repeat, Mark is tracking Sentient Glow!

https://twitter.com/MarkPeriphery/status/1055204795328458752

How many goats do I have to sacrifice to have a Chris Barretto guest feature on the album?
Am I the only one who wishes Chris was still with Periphery? No disrespect to Spencer at all, I love Spencer, but I always felt Chris' vocals would have worked so well with Periphery's sound. Not only that, but I'm just a big fan of his style.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd want him to be in the band instead of Spencer, but it would be interesting to hear how it'd sound with the more poppy hooks and melodies that Periphery are using lately, it would be right up Chris alley with the vocal melodies he uses on his clean passages.

Speaking of Chris, whatever happened to Ever Forthright? Did they close up shop?

And also, I hope they're planning to release an official tab book of the new album, I have to learn how to play Sentient Glow but Mark and Misha didn't include it on the Haunted Shores EP they released a few years back.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd want him to be in the band instead of Spencer, but it would be interesting to hear how it'd sound with the more poppy hooks and melodies that Periphery are using lately, it would be right up Chris alley with the vocal melodies he uses on his clean passages.

Speaking of Chris, whatever happened to Ever Forthright? Did they close up shop?
They kinda just went silent. Really sad as I thought those guys were phenomenal. I really wish bands would just send out an update every now and then or at least say they are calling it quits.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Wouldn't say a single minute is indicative of the entire album's direction at all. If we had heard the middle section of Motormouth and assumed P3 was going to be an aggressive album we'd be extremely surprised :lol:.

I was considering all of the little snippets we've seen since P3. A lot probably won't make the record, but most of it sounds pretty killer.
You're still right though- anything can happen. One thing I am certain of though is that this one will probably be a bit more adventurous what with them striking out on their own and what not. Stoked.

Am I the only one who wishes Chris was still with Periphery? No disrespect to Spencer at all, I love Spencer, but I always felt Chris' vocals would have worked so well with Periphery's sound. Not only that, but I'm just a big fan of his style.

That's funny- I'm really glad Chris got dropped from Periphery, but I think he worked super well with the Haunted Shores material. If he was a full time vocalist for Haunted Shores, I'd be majorly excited. Or just more Haunted Shores in general, really.
Damn I love those albums. Following Ivy, Maelstrom, and the self-titled are still (and probably always will be) some of my favorite releases period.

Sponce is the perfect fit for Periphery I think- but if I got to be selfish, I'll stump for Jake forever. The demos with him sounded so in-your-face pissed off and I loved it- but it would make for almost a whole different band. His style just wouldn't work with the Periphery we know now.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
That's funny- I'm really glad Chris got dropped from Periphery, but I think he worked super well with the Haunted Shores material. If he was a full time vocalist for Haunted Shores, I'd be majorly excited. Or just more Haunted Shores in general, really.
Damn I love those albums. Following Ivy, Maelstrom, and the self-titled are still (and probably always will be) some of my favorite releases period.
Speaking of which, do you or anyone else know where I can get the old Haunted Shore EPs? There were 4 EPs and now a days I cannot find any of them! Ethereal, Maelstrom, Following Ivy, and the two tracks from the Cyclamen EP.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
I have Maelstrom, Following Ivy, and the Cyclamen tracks on one of my laptops that I'd be willing to host somewhere (any suggestions) this weekend when I dig it out of storage. I've never heard of the Ethereal EP, but all the other stuff is fantastic.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

And also, I hope they're planning to release an official tab book of the new album, I have to learn how to play Sentient Glow but Mark and Misha didn't include it on the Haunted Shores EP they released a few years back.

You're in luck!

https://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/haunted-shores-sentient-glow-tab-s77037t0

:lol: Actually sounds pretty spot on, just use your ears to fix anything minor that might sound off.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
')