Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

bulb

Reaction score
Soooo I believe I saw in a youtube video one of the guys doing backing vocal harmonies on Light??? Is this correct? If so, please continue doing so as much as possible. :yesway::yesway::yesway:

We have alex doing backing screams, but honestly the guitar/bass/drum parts are too intricate during a lot of parts to be able to sing and play properly, so we just have the harmonies on backing tracks.
Maybe someday if we ever have some extra money and space we can hire backup singers hehe!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
@ froggin ... he said yes

Sorry I missed that. I actually read through most of this entire thread lol. That made my day! What other songs did he say? I saw Intertia and possibly Not Enough Mana...?

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Absolomb and Not Enough Mana should be on the possibly upcoming EP (Early 2011). I bet that those two will be on the CD aswell.

I remember bulb talking about füf, froggin, inertia and those two I mentioned. Don't really remember any more of them, tho I'd love to hear "As It Were"

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
Yes! Is this going to be on myspace? Sadly, my soundcard on my laptop went out *sniffle* I will find a computer to listen to this on no matter what!

RaceCar

Que te jodas.
Reaction score
Greetings Bulb/Periphery fans:
Yo I'm new to this board and I just want to say I will always BUY everything Periphery, I already have both albums (well regular and instrumental of the new one) and have bought lots of merch, and have seen them live twice. They are genius. They are taking metal to the next level. I want these guys to make money. I want them to be able to live comfortably (minimum 40k a year). I know that there aint shit for money in music, let alone metal, in 2010. And I've read threads where Misha openly admits that Perihpery doesn't make shit as a band, and that breaks my heart. But god dammit, you guys deserve it, you are original, and you ought to be paid off for all your hard work and for changing the way I think about music/metal. And I've met Bulb in person at the last show in Detroit and he's a really fuckin cool dude, down to earth, humble, and honest. REAL talent and authentic original metal deserves all the support and metal needed to keep it alive and running. All I do is show all my friends Periphery, I have turned on about 10 people so far here in Michigan and they are showing their friends etc.

You've got lots of love in Michigan.

I will see you guys at the Michigan show at the Majestic on 11/18. I will be front row wearing the black shirt with the big white P, along with a possee of about 12 other crazy metal retards. I even took work off Friday so I can have a few drinks, start a mosh pit and get fuckin silly so I can fully indulge in some of the best metal ever and not have to worry about waking up at 7am to be at work. Fuck that.

Cheers yall you guys are SWEET.

-Scott

Forresterc

Reaction score
Where can I listen to the re-redone version of The Walk with Spencer? It's not on his myspace and his soundclick has no material :/

I second this. Where is this redone version that i read in like 4 blogs and there's nothing to satisfy my excitement upon reading.

Forresterc

Reaction score
Yo I'm new to this board and I just want to say I will always BUY everything Periphery, I already have both albums (well regular and instrumental of the new one) and have bought lots of merch, and have seen them live twice. They are genius. They are taking metal to the next level. I want these guys to make money. I want them to be able to live comfortably (minimum 40k a year). I know that there aint shit for money in music, let alone metal, in 2010. And I've read threads where Misha openly admits that Perihpery doesn't make shit as a band, and that breaks my heart. But god dammit, you guys deserve it, you are original, and you ought to be paid off for all your hard work and for changing the way I think about music/metal. And I've met Bulb in person at the last show in Detroit and he's a really fuckin cool dude, down to earth, humble, and honest. REAL talent and authentic original metal deserves all the support and metal needed to keep it alive and running. All I do is show all my friends Periphery, I have turned on about 10 people so far here in Michigan and they are showing their friends etc.

-Scott

How much does the band make off record sales? I mean, how much of the profit made when i bought their album actually went to them?

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score

You've got lots of love in Michigan.

I will see you guys at the Michigan show at the Majestic on 11/18. I will be front row wearing the black shirt with the big white P, along with a possee of about 12 other crazy metal retards. I even took work off Friday so I can have a few drinks, start a mosh pit and get fuckin silly so I can fully indulge in some of the best metal ever and not have to worry about waking up at 7am to be at work. Fuck that.

Cheers yall you guys are SWEET.

-Scott

I'll see you at that show, however I won't be moshing. ;)

Look for me in the black "bulb with wings" shirt or the Animals as Leaders hoodie. :metal"

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Periphery definitely deserve to make shit loads off their music, but its not easy. Besides Bulb seems to make a fair amount from producing judging from his guitars. :lol:

bulb

Reaction score
Periphery definitely deserve to make shit loads off their music, but its not easy. Besides Bulb seems to make a fair amount from producing judging from his guitars. :lol:

As i have mentioned a few times before, anyone who is in a metal band is in it for the love, even the big guys dont make THAT much and probably never thought they would make as much.
Luckily Producing pays well, because if it werent for that i would be forced to get a regular job when im home.

Bombdotcom

bomb.com/epicas....
Reaction score
Was gonna make a post detailing every reason why Periphery was great. But I have Ethics at 1 and I'm gonna make a can of spaghetti-o's instead.

Periphery, you're great. And I love you. I hope to someday be at least half (or whatever fractional description you think is fair) the genius that you are.

Until then, I gotta go study.

Misha, if I'm ever out in Maryland (which will likely be never) I'll bring you some spaghetti-o's.

With love,
eric.

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
tom too! haha we are gonna have to wait a while for that one though since he only put the order in a few weeks ago...

HAHAHA ... and what was it that I just wrote in that email to Tom: "Would never forget about you Tom!"
OOOOPS!! :D Don't tell him Meesh

')