Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I like Periphery, I was at their release show with the preorder shirt (I was the first preorder shirt the band members saw!) and their live moves are awesome, but both times I've seen them live (just saw them on the legacy tour with VOM), all I could hear was DONN DONN DONN and nothing else. On the rare occassions I could hear Spencer, he sounded really awesome, but you guys should really let him be heard more, he's a good vocalist.

You guys have 3 guitars, you really don't need to turn them all up that high. Hell, I didn't even hear much leads even though I was right by Alex the first time and right by Misha the second, the chugs from the other guitars totally drown out everything else.

thefool

Reaction score
I like Periphery, I was at their release show with the preorder shirt (I was the first preorder shirt the band members saw!) and their live moves are awesome, but both times I've seen them live (just saw them on the legacy tour with VOM), all I could hear was DONN DONN DONN and nothing else. On the rare occassions I could hear Spencer, he sounded really awesome, but you guys should really let him be heard more, he's a good vocalist.

You guys have 3 guitars, you really don't need to turn them all up that high. Hell, I didn't even hear much leads even though I was right by Alex the first time and right by Misha the second, the chugs from the other guitars totally drown out everything else.

dudeeee i dont know about what youre saying but i was just at that show as well and it was by far the best i've ever seen them (3rd time) my buddy has videos that ill post in here once he uploads them that will prove that. you were probably to close to the stage or something and was just hearing the lows. This was the first time I will say that I heard spencer loud and clear the whole time they played. all the people i was with and heard there at the show said they had perfect sound. maybe you were in a weird spot

bulb

Reaction score

Yeah dude its probably where you are standing, our soundguy records our shows with 2 mics in the room so that we can tweak levels on a daily basis, and if anything he mixes the vocals a little on the loud side and the guitars a little soft.
Spencer uses inears so hes not coming through the monitors, and we are blasting through our respective monitors, so the closer you are to the stage the less vocals and the more guitars you will hear.

splinter8451

Reaction score
Standing about midway back I could hear Spencer loud and clear last night, the mix was great. It was a damn good show :yesway:

Frak the Gods is awesome as shit.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Yeah dude its probably where you are standing, our soundguy records our shows with 2 mics in the room so that we can tweak levels on a daily basis, and if anything he mixes the vocals a little on the loud side and the guitars a little soft.
Spencer uses inears so hes not coming through the monitors, and we are blasting through our respective monitors, so the closer you are to the stage the less vocals and the more guitars you will hear.

Oh well, it was awesome anyway :hbang: I like how you mimed banging your head on the column and leaned on it while playing :D

DevourTheDamned

Fossicker
Reaction score
so im just gunna take a stab [or maybe i should say a slash-all ;D] at the 'theme' of the video and guess its gunna be a Final Fantasy 7 themed video where spencer is Cloud.
just a guess.

DANiMALxMD

Reaction score
Standing about midway back I could hear Spencer loud and clear last night, the mix was great. It was a damn good show :yesway:

Frak the Gods is awesome as shit.

i was around the same area and all i heard was noise. i was really bummed out. cause i saw them at the 930 club with DH and LOG and they were fraggin' awesome. Veil of Maya sounded great. And their bass player looks like schleibaum. frederick, represent dude.

Shrikkanth

Reaction score
Um I'm working on a tutorial video for the Jetpacks was Yes solo. Any of you reckon it'll piss people off if I do it in standard tuning?

')