Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Seriously? There's no way that could sound good.

While I would say that without hearing his sound it's impossible to comment on exactly how good or bad it would be, 8 or 9 on mids seems like a lot of mids on any amp, it must sound incredibly honky and harsh, even using really dark cabs.

Unless he means "8 or 9 o'clock" on an amp that goes from like 7 o'clock (comeplete cut) to 5 o'clock (max boost). In which case his mids would only be 2 or 3.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Cool article, shame about the idiots in the comment section.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
Me and fellow forumite Drow Swordsman are making the journey after Chem class. It'll be EPIC!

DanielKRego

Reaction score
Awesome article with excellent advice. I'm going to try his suggested method of EQing amps as soon as I get to the band rehearsal room.

Metalsucks.net has some really insightful articles from time to time, like the Devin Townsend series. And some funny stuff just for a laugh (the Bobbi Starr article) :p

B36arin

Reaction score
I'm in Sweden and my preorder arrived today! I wasn't expecting it for at least a week, so my weekend got even more awesome when I came home from uni at 7 o'clock and found the album on my door mat! What can I say? It kicks ass! I've only got the standard autographs, no Tobin and no blub. The instrumental disc is spinning right now(even though I love Spencer's vocals!), and this really was a sweet deal. When Periphery are huge in a few years this album is going to be worth loads ;) I'm not selling it though.

Jango

Reaction score
So I'm listening to Periphery right now and wondering whether they have any tours planned for the US? If not, any idea when/if they'll be announcing dates?

Jango

Reaction score
I can't find anything on the web, links? I really want to see these guys...
Or, any dates in Wisconsin?

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
HAHA! Bulb signing the autographed poster as blub was possibly foreshadowing that he may eventually become not only one of the most influential guitarists of all time, but the most OBESE influential guitarist of all time.... even more than Stephen Carpenter or Dino Cazares. Please don't keep eating Little Caesar's Hot N Ready pizzas BULB, DO IT FOR US!

')