Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
wow after reading that I feel like we're homeboys mish! haha you wokred at haagen dazs? I wonder how many people have been eating ice cream that you tampered with / Teabagged, you motor boating son of a bitch, you sailor you!

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Bit late to the party, but any chance of instrumental cd's in the UK?

Tried searching but so many posts to sift through. All i know is you can download the mp3's (prefer the actual CD in my hand type of guy) off of itunes and amazon etc.

Anyone know on the offchance?

bulb

Reaction score
Bit late to the party, but any chance of instrumental cd's in the UK?

Tried searching but so many posts to sift through. All i know is you can download the mp3's (prefer the actual CD in my hand type of guy) off of itunes and amazon etc.

Anyone know on the offchance?

Instrumental cds were limited edition and only available through preorder, sorry! It is on itunes now though!

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Drat and blast. :lol:

Perhaps one day i'll find a copy someone's selling. :lol: :(

edit - I do however love the fact i asked a question in this huge thread and none other than the artist himself replies first. Amazing. :yesway:

Double edit - It isn't on itunes for me. Probably because i'm in the UK, which sucks. :(

Reaction score
I will say, when I got the album, it was the best thing I ever heard. It was like opening a present on christmas and it was everything you hoped for and more. I listened to it and only that for an entire week. I feel bad that I sorta burned myself out on it. But god damn you bulb! Other music is so bland to me now that the only things I can listen to are Periphery, After the Burial, Animals as Leaders, and on certain days Meshuggah. I have yet to get into Dillinger Escape Plan (please post reccomendations). Anyways, I love Spencer's voice in some songs. I didn't like him in Icarus Lives, or Zyglrox. Ow My Feelings was excellent. Buttersnips in my opinion is Spencer's signature song. Letter Experiment was a huge wtf as to why there were vocals in the bridge (I loved Chris' version so much, and the bridge was so intense after a big 1,2,3,4 and by itself). Totla mad was pretty good, but Im stuck on which version I like. Insomnia was pretty damn good, But its a tie between all the vocalists. I hated the walk at first, but grew to love it in Spencer's version. Jetpacks was Yes, and Light are now amazing to me. Racecar=Omfg, jizz everywhere. There Im finished :)

warped

Reaction score
Last night I bought 4 tickets for DEP & PERIPHERY on May 19 at Billboards in Melbourne! See you there Misha!

Anyone else on this forum going to be there?

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I will say, when I got the album, it was the best thing I ever heard. It was like opening a present on christmas and it was everything you hoped for and more. I listened to it and only that for an entire week. I feel bad that I sorta burned myself out on it. But god damn you bulb! Other music is so bland to me now that the only things I can listen to are Periphery, After the Burial, Animals as Leaders, and on certain days Meshuggah. I have yet to get into Dillinger Escape Plan (please post reccomendations). Anyways, I love Spencer's voice in some songs. I didn't like him in Icarus Lives, or Zyglrox. Ow My Feelings was excellent. Buttersnips in my opinion is Spencer's signature song. Letter Experiment was a huge wtf as to why there were vocals in the bridge (I loved Chris' version so much, and the bridge was so intense after a big 1,2,3,4 and by itself). Totla mad was pretty good, but Im stuck on which version I like. Insomnia was pretty damn good, But its a tie between all the vocalists. I hated the walk at first, but grew to love it in Spencer's version. Jetpacks was Yes, and Light are now amazing to me. Racecar=Omfg, jizz everywhere. There Im finished :)

When did Chris have a full version of Letter Experiment? I know Jake Veredika did, but the only version of LE with Chris was a sampler, wasn't it? :scratch:

GoreNotCore

Reaction score
Ok, im not sure what i should be listening for with periphery. I see alot of people on ss.org praising them (or maybe just bulb), but i saw them on the thrash and burn tour and i wasnt very impressed honestly. I'm not trying to bash em or be a douche or anything im just not sure what all the rage is about.

(P.S. i didnt like the singer putting his crotch in my face for 30 mins either.)

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
im not a fan of their music either, but damn they fuckin are talented as hell! bulb is a guitar monster!

SPBY

Reaction score
Well maybe you just don't like em :/

I like them because the layering and singing go together perfectly to form great songs. In my opinion of course.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
(P.S. i didnt like the singer putting his crotch in my face for 30 mins either.)

dont EVER go to a GWAR show! or you shall have a face full of the "cuddlefish of cathulu"!

gwar12.jpg

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:coffee:

I just woke up so I'll let this one sit for a while.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Well maybe you just don't like em :/

This, just because a lot of people are digging the music doesn't mean your going to.

I mean if you pay attention to the actual music going on the musicianship is there etc etc, not that you have to like the sound.

')