Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
That was fucking intense.
I had no idea who the second support band was until just tonight, but even they kicked ass.
TDEP just fucking slayed. I've never seen so much showmanship in my life ever. Those guys must get a serious workout on stage:metal:
The Moshpit was fucking nuts. I almost got hit in the face by a microphone because of Greg trying to jam it into the PA system, and then it almost fell and hit me in the face :lol:
Ben Weinman was just retarded fucking good. He jumps around like a fucking nutcase while playing ultra technical guitar, just fucking amazing :metal:
Periphery was super fucking tight too, but unfortunately they were restricted to a set list no longer than 30 minutes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Just came back from TDEP in Melb, but I was really there for Periphery.
Got autographs from most of the band and talked for a bit, Alex kept commenting on my shiny US pre order shirt which was cool.
Good times were had by all :)

How did you get to meet them? did they go into the crowd after their set?
I was literally against the barrier for the whole gig and didn't want to lose my place there, so couldn't meet them unfortunately

JeddyH

Reaction score
How did you get to meet them? did they go into the crowd after their set?
I was literally against the barrier for the whole gig and didn't want to lose my place there, so couldn't meet them unfortunately
Yeah I was on the barrier for Periphery and that was it.
Then they were selling merch for the rest of the night, Bulb was there for a bit but it was mostly Spencer, Jake and Tom.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I was on the barrier for Periphery and that was it.
Then they were selling merch for the rest of the night, Bulb was there for a bit but it was mostly Spencer, Jake and Tom.

Ah, makes sense.
Admittedly, I wanted to be there for all the performances, not just Periphery, otherwise I would have went and met them.
You were smart to leave the barrier early on.
The amounts of times I copped elbows to the ribs, oh man:lol:
Do you recall anyone saying just before they did the short version of Racear "Bulb, you're fucking sexy!"?
Well if you did, that was me that yelled that out:lol: He had this embarrassed look on his face after wards, especially after someone said "and you know it too!" straight after I yelled out:lol:

GuitarMessenger

Reaction score
Guitar Messenger presents: Misha "Bulb" Mansoor exclusive series - Part 1: The Interview. Stay tuned for an exclusive Masterclass!

Click here to check it out:

Hope you guys dig it. Feel free to drop a line at the bottom of the interview if you like!

Ivan

warped

Reaction score
Wow - What a great show last night!!! Periphery were great - after watching all their vids on youtube and Misha's posts on here, etc, etc had a chat to Misha, Jake, Alex and Spencer at different times through the night..

After watching them on youtube and posting on here, seeing them in person is almost like catching up with your friends... They were all nice dudes, happy to talk about gear, what their plans on tour were, even how much they were getting paid for these gigs (not much considering tickets were $65 x 800'ish people?) - they signed my CD cover and I bought another shirt off them.

I could see Misha was running AxeFx and an ENGL Invader, Jake said they were all mic'd up - I couldn't see what they were using on the other side of the stage (there were 2 axefx's, but what they were micing up I couldn't tell, maybe they were using DEP's Mark V's?)

I guess it'll be a while until they release anything else - I'm sure they all have a knack for churning out killer riffs in no time so hopefully next time they are headlining and can play an hour set!!

Oh - and :bowdown: DEP were also pretty good :)

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ended up rushing from work to drive two hours in the hopes of catching the gig and we couldn't get in. Figures. Hopefully I'm in the area next time you dudes are in town:yesway:

bulb

Reaction score
Ah that sucks dude, im sorry to hear that, i always look forward to meeting forumites on the road!!

Wow - What a great show last night!!! Periphery were great - after watching all their vids on youtube and Misha's posts on here, etc, etc had a chat to Misha, Jake, Alex and Spencer at different times through the night..

After watching them on youtube and posting on here, seeing them in person is almost like catching up with your friends... They were all nice dudes, happy to talk about gear, what their plans on tour were, even how much they were getting paid for these gigs (not much considering tickets were $65 x 800'ish people?) - they signed my CD cover and I bought another shirt off them.

I could see Misha was running AxeFx and an ENGL Invader, Jake said they were all mic'd up - I couldn't see what they were using on the other side of the stage (there were 2 axefx's, but what they were micing up I couldn't tell, maybe they were using DEP's Mark V's?)

I guess it'll be a while until they release anything else - I'm sure they all have a knack for churning out killer riffs in no time so hopefully next time they are headlining and can play an hour set!!

Oh - and :bowdown: DEP were also pretty good :)

Thanks dude!
Yeah we have been using the axefx's into the effects return of the amps, and even though we have been getting different amps every night from the backline company, the tone overall has never sounded better. Im completely sold on the axefx for live use now.

bulb

Reaction score
Ah, makes sense.
Admittedly, I wanted to be there for all the performances, not just Periphery, otherwise I would have went and met them.
You were smart to leave the barrier early on.
The amounts of times I copped elbows to the ribs, oh man:lol:
Do you recall anyone saying just before they did the short version of Racear "Bulb, you're fucking sexy!"?
Well if you did, that was me that yelled that out:lol: He had this embarrassed look on his face after wards, especially after someone said "and you know it too!" straight after I yelled out:lol:

Haha i heard someone yelling but i couldnt hear what was said which is why i maybe look confused, but thank you for calling me sexy sir hahah, if you were to tell me you were a woman i would be even happier!!

bluffalo

Reaction score
Anyone going to Brisbane tonight?
Ive never been to this venue, any tips on parking spots?

I'll be wearing a Devin Townsend Project shirt....

Adriatic

Reaction score
great set last night guys, but your singer freaked me and my friends out a little.. kept giving us sexy eyes! we were like ummm. stop looking at me swan.. heh.. sounded pretty good, would loved to have heard what it sounded like up on stage. Misha looked like he was enjoying himself... think your lead fell out once or twice... I only really came for your set as i've been off dillinger since their last show in Brisbane, but they have renewed my faith with last nights show.. pretty amazing.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Sweet Christ, the other day I popped the CD in my car, and went for a long drive (listened to it twice through, actually), and god damn, it shook the car, and the bass and drums came through GREAT on the subwoofer.
Bulb, you are now my favorite artist to listen to in the car :hbang:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
+1 to this album being great in the car

Best album I've picked up for ultimate thumpage' so far, though, is Animals as Leaders. Every track shakes the fuck out of that thing.

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
Finally got my double disk! After hearing the i-tunes version for weeks its a real treat to hear the instrumental version. It's like listening to a whole different album, and hearing all of the nuances of the guitar lines, and especially the lush synths is great. It was worth the wait, and thanks for signing my poster!

Judge Dredd

groover
Reaction score
hey guys, i caught their set in Melbourne Australia the other night. All i have uploaded for now is "the walk" i captured the footage in 1080p and the sound isn't to bad either.. If only Tom took a step back (... or i stepped left :p) we'd have a better shot of Matt ahh well

Latest posts

')