Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Holy crap this is awesome!
Favourite version of the walk so far :hbang:
I think you'll have to re-record the periphery album in the future if spencer's getting better and better like that :lol:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Spencer draws his magical powers of singing from the "Island" because he is really Richard from LOST, minus the tan. :lol:
spenc_rich.jpg

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
The tone is now much deeper and less throaty, but it still needs more power behind it.

splinter8451

Reaction score
The tone is now much deeper and less throaty, but it still needs more power behind it.

This. He still doesn't have the power Chris had on his version of Walk but this is definitely a step in the right direction :agreed:

He is sounding way better, even better then his screams on Eureka.

KrewZ

Nurarihyon
Reaction score
He is sounding MUCH better. Hopefully he keeps on improving and becomes everything we hope him to be. Periphery's second album will be beastly.

Dimensionator

I Am Error
Reaction score
i just got into periphery after joining this forum. i probably would've never heard of them if not for here. :metal:
i downloaded the album (dont worry, i WILL buy it... these guys deserve every cent.. i just cant find it in any stores here :rolleyes:)
i love this band. no joke. you guys are in my top ten now.
you need to keep making more absolutely incredible music.
wait, of course you will, you have to for all your fans on sevenstring! :D

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
...and then some! check out what he just posted on his myspace

Spencer Sotelo on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

it actually sounds like casey's scream in parts, that might appease the casey-lovers
Holy wow this makes me happy :agreed::yesway:
The first time I heard Spencer's screams I was pretty leery about them, but now this made me put full confidence in him :D

Also, Misha i've always wondered, can we see a larger version of the pic you have as your avatar? I always try and read it and can't :lol:

KrewZ

Nurarihyon
Reaction score
i just got into periphery after joining this forum. i probably would've never heard of them if not for here. :metal:
i downloaded the album (dont worry, i WILL buy it... these guys deserve every cent.. i just cant find it in any stores here :rolleyes:)
i love this band. no joke. you guys are in my top ten now.
you need to keep making more absolutely incredible music.
wait, of course you will, you have to for all your fans on sevenstring! :D

It took me forever to find their cd, when I did find it it was at a FYE and it was in the country music section lmao.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I must admit I was wary of Spencer's screams at first too, but I've grown to love him and he sounds like he has gotten better.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
This. He still doesn't have the power Chris had on his version of Walk but this is definitely a step in the right direction :agreed:

He is sounding way better, even better then his screams on Eureka.

NEEDS MOAR PROJECTION

bulb

Reaction score
as i have said from the beginning, we hired spencer on potential and the fact that he works hard as hell to improve
he has only been screaming for a year, so its only natural that his voice will develop and evolve, but he is truly one of my favorite singers out there in every capacity and i cant wait to see how much more he will improve by the time we start tracking the second album.

Scarpie

Reaction score
I am not a fan of spencer by any means. Not to knock the band at all cause, well hell my hat comes off to them for all that they've achieved, and we all know they deserve it. But this singer is aweful, and doesn't have at all have the voice their last singer had. Shame last singer was a whole package deal.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
I am not a fan of spencer by any means. Not to knock the band at all cause, well hell my hat comes off to them for all that they've achieved, and we all know they deserve it. But this singer is aweful, and doesn't have at all have the voice their last singer had. Shame last singer was a whole package deal.

I can understand if you don't like him, and even if you think he's totally wrong for the band, and Chris B. was better. But to say "...this singer (Spencer S.) is aweful" is just an untruth (not to mention an "awful" spelling error :lol:). The guy is talented, and obviously, at the least, caught Misha's ear [nuff said], he's just not your cup-o-tea
:cool:

Can I get an Amen?

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I can understand if you don't like him, and even if you think he's totally wrong for the band, and Chris B. was better. But to say "...this singer (Spencer S.) is aweful" is just an untruth (not to mention an "awful" spelling error :lol:). The guy is talented, and obviously, at the least, caught Misha's ear [nuff said], he's just not your cup-o-tea
:cool:

Can I get an Amen?

A-fucking-men bro :D

EDIT: I just realized that sounded extremely gay :lol:

JakePeriphery

who callin my phone?
Reaction score

Haha it always gets under my skin when people talk shit on Spencer as if they know how physically demanding the role of being the Periphery singer is - and saying Chris is the "whole package" - if he was honestly the "whole package" he would still be in the band. Spencer is my favorite singer EVER, right next to Casey Sabol and Elliot Coleman. He obviously has chops and saying he is awful is just one of the most ignorant things I think you can say about my band - and I've heard it all.

Just wait until you hear the new stuff Spencers got cooking up, he even wrote an entire song (guitars, drums, vocals) all by himself that will simply melt your face off.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Haha it always gets under my skin when people talk shit on Spencer as if they know how physically demanding the role of being the Periphery singer is - and saying Chris is the "whole package" - if he was honestly the "whole package" he would still be in the band. Spencer is my favorite singer EVER, right next to Casey Sabol and Elliot Coleman. He obviously has chops and saying he is awful is just one of the most ignorant things I think you can say about my band - and I've heard it all.

Just wait until you hear the new stuff Spencers got cooking up, he even wrote an entire song (guitars, drums, vocals) all by himself that will simply melt your face off.

Spencer's vocal range is so massive that it actually has it's own gravitational pull.

')