Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
They funny part; neither of them are actually in that picture. So he can't tell the difference between three distinctly different looking black people. :lol:

Give me a break. :lol: I'm not that familiar with their work to be honest, other than Lil Wayne. I only vaguely know what they look like. Easy mistake to make if you're not too familiar with them. :squint:

Anyway wtf this is OT. :lol:

mountainjam

Reaction score
My 2cents for this thread...I learned of "djent" and periphery only recently. Got the cd for christmas. Been listening to it ever since. If these guys are djent, nobody else in that genre can compete with them as far as quality of music goes. I've previewed several other djent bands and found them to be boring and predictable. So yeah, major :yesway: for this great new (to me) prog metal band

Kavnar

Reaction score
My 2cents for this thread...I learned of "djent" and periphery only recently. Got the cd for christmas. Been listening to it ever since. If these guys are djent, nobody else in that genre can compete with them as far as quality of music goes. I've previewed several other djent bands and found them to be boring and predictable. So yeah, major :yesway: for this great new (to me) prog metal band

Going to have to agree with you on that one buddy! :yesway: I don't consider Periphery a 'djent' band, I consider them a quite original prog metal band and the 'djent' thing is there sound. Now i hear a lot of bands that take the djent and think they sound like periphery but don't recognise the hard work that goes into writing brilliantly flowing progressive music. Their melodies and harmonies and rhythms in periphery, for me, are really creative and unique and like most things, we're starting to hear really diluted replicas of this great music. Although, I love hearing bands that are tastefully inspired by periphery. Bands where you can feel the influence but it's not an 'in your face' copy.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Yeah Periphery are definitely one of the more unique and versatile 'djent' bands.

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
The Icarus Lives EP - Official Track Listing
New groove (instrumental)
Icarus lives
Icarus Lives - Fan/Contest Winner Remix
Icarus Lives - Zedd RemixIcarus Lives - Bulb Remix
Jetpacks was Yes v2.0
Captain on
Frak the gods
Eureka

Videos:
Icarus Lives
Jetpacks Was Yes v2.0
+ Icarus Lives behind the scenes footage

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
And something (mwahaha) tells me that there will be another NAMM video with Misha playing Frak The Gods up on Friday.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Something tells me I'm going to need more tissues before Friday.

SDM305

Reaction score
Why is the Ep coming out so much later than expected? Thought you guys were finished!?! Is album number two still slated for late this year?

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Why is the Ep coming out so much later than expected? Thought you guys were finished!?! Is album number two still slated for late this year?

I would imagine it takes a while to prepared
all the physical CD stuff.
Discs, artwork, etc etc.

mountainjam

Reaction score
Hey bulb random question for you...I noticed in one of your vids you are wearing a btbam shirt, any chance of ever touring with them?

')