Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
It sucks dude, but people get sick sometimes, especially on the road, and vocalists suffer more than anyone else. We have all been sick since we got here and Spence was kinda at his worst today and expecting it to get better by tomorrow, but he just didnt want to take any chances.
The last time he tried to sing when he was sick and shouldnt have he ended up seriously hurting his voice and couldnt sing for two weeks.
So our choices were either to cancel or play instrumental, and we chose to play instrumental.

Anything to avoid the vocalist puking on stage. :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cregmachine

Reaction score
im lucky to have seen them perform with spencer in newcastle then, that show was incredible jakes tapped solo was excellent, anyway i think i can say on behalf of us all get well soon spencer and i hope jakes hand recovers quick, and that periphery, monuments and tesseract need to come back soon

willow

Reaction score
I'm seeing them in London with Tesseract and Monuments, should be good.

Must admit though, I prefer instrumental Periphery to regular Periphery. Vocals just don't cut it for me.

I generally prefer instrumental progressive stuff nowadays actually.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Anything to avoid the vocalist puking on stage. :agreed:

I saw an SYL show once where the whole band was really ill, Gene was hospitalised before the show with suspected appendicitis and barely made it back. But he gave it all and even walked around to say hi to the crowd.
Devin was really ill too, puking next to the stage between some songs. He also gave it his best though.

StupidDav

Reaction score
Anybody know when doors open for this tour? I'm going to the Feb 8th at wedgewood rooms, on the Facebook event it says 6 which seems real early, but on the wedgewood rooms website it says 8 :scratch: Don't really wanna turn up at 6 and wait around for 2 hours, and turning up at 8 and missing 2 hours is even worse :ugh: Maybe I'll just turn up at 7 :idea:

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
I like how Periphery on their worst days are better
than the world re-known Black Eyed Peas.
especially after that football show performance...

xeL

Reaction score
Sheffield doors opened at 7pm and the times were roughly as followed:

Monuments - 7:45pm -> 8:15pm
Tesseract - 8:45pm -> 9:15pm
Periphery - 9:45pm -> 10:30pm

Switch30

Seven deadly strings
Reaction score
Damn those guys were tight as hell!!! Even with the issues of illness and broken fingers!! Really enjoyed monuments as well but then again I was a massive fan of fellsilent.:bowdown:

New Age Moron

Reaction score
Periphery, Tesseract, and Monuments were great the other night in Sheffield. It was a shame that Jake and Spencer couldn't perform, but the show was excellent regardless, Nolly (aka Gordon Freeman) nailed everything. There was great energy throughout. Also, I briefly met Bulb, which was cool, if surreal - my friends and I were lurking by the bar when suddenly Misha appears, and I'm shaking his hand. I responded to his inquiry of "How's it going?" with a moronic blank stare, as it took a couple of seconds to process that I was conversing with the mastermind of Periphery. Eventually, I managed to correctly reply "awesome."

Also talked to Alex a bit after the show. Not only are this band great players, they're really humble and friendly people.

:hbang:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
It sucks dude, but people get sick sometimes, especially on the road, and vocalists suffer more than anyone else. We have all been sick since we got here and Spence was kinda at his worst today and expecting it to get better by tomorrow, but he just didnt want to take any chances.
The last time he tried to sing when he was sick and shouldnt have he ended up seriously hurting his voice and couldnt sing for two weeks.
So our choices were either to cancel or play instrumental, and we chose to play instrumental.

Everyone in this country's been ill the last few weeks, it's crap!

Last time I saw Tess before they went to the states last year Dan was ill. It's frustrating but it just happens. They were still awesome though, lol.

Hope everyone's all better for tomorrow, I'm looking forward to coming down for a watch, it'd be cool to get a chat with some of you guys about the copious amounts of insane gear that will be present. I'm a total geek for that stuff.

Auning

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know what string gauge they use on their 7s?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Just got in from the reading gig. All three bands were great, Nolly nailed it (great job man, I was rooting for you, literally, i was standing right in front of you haha) and was rocking out air-djenting with Alex. I saw the guy after the show an he said words to the effect of
"hey man, it was great to rock out with you, I felt like crap before going on and seeing you guys (me and my mate) gave me so much energy and really got me through the show"
I was blown away. Not by that fact that he spoke, but I know bands who have nothing on them that are less humble and approachable.

Really made the night knowing that the guy appreciates us as much as we do him.

Good stuff :yesway:

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Just got in from the reading gig. All three bands were great, Nolly nailed it (great job man, I was rooting for you, literally, i was standing right in front of you haha) and was rocking out air-djenting with Alex. I saw the guy after the show an he said words to the effect of
"hey man, it was great to rock out with you, I felt like crap before going on and seeing you guys (me and my mate) gave me so much energy and really got me through the show"
I was blown away. Not by that fact that he spoke, but I know bands who have nothing on them that are less humble and approachable.

Really made the night knowing that the guy appreciates us as much as we do him.

Good stuff :yesway:

Awesome! :metal:
That was the most perfect gig I have ever been to. Absolutely incredible.
Can't get over how good TesseracT were too..the vocals!!:hbang:And Dans crowd surf ending in hanging upside down from the lighting rig? Hell yes!

Repeat again on Friday!

')