Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Advv

Reaction score
LOL good to see you put in the effort mate. 9am is pretty damn early :p :lol:

Haha it's exam period so I sleep at 6am and wake at 4pm... yeah it's messed up. But definitely will wake at 9am on Friday! Just wondering if we there will be periphery posters to buy? Will there be an opportunity to get stuff signed/take photos?

Sound like the biggest tool but I'm pretty excited!

Lukifer

Need more gain
Reaction score
So apparently Periphery are using 8 strings now according to Wikipedia!

There are several variants of this instrument, one probably originating from Russia along with the seven string guitar variant in the 19th century. The eight string guitar has recently begun to gain popularity, notably among jazz artists such as Charlie Hunter, The Special Purpose, Terje Rypdal and Richard Scott, and metal artists such as Meshuggah, Mariachi Terror, Ad Ruinas, Stations, Suicide Silence, Ihsahn, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, After The Burial, and Gwar. More bands such as Periphery, Instinct for Rank, The Paradoxical Spiral and Animals as Leaders aimed to achieve more audio span and ambiance within metal and experimental genres by utilizing the additional strings by using a combination of octave E and top A throughout.

space frog

Reaction score
Well Bulb already used the RG2228 some time ago, but I dont think there is any 8 string guitar involved atm :scratch:

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
So apparently Periphery are using 8 strings now according to Wikipedia!

There are several variants of this instrument, one probably originating from Russia along with the seven string guitar variant in the 19th century. The eight string guitar has recently begun to gain popularity, notably among jazz artists such as Charlie Hunter, The Special Purpose, Terje Rypdal and Richard Scott, and metal artists such as Meshuggah, Mariachi Terror, Ad Ruinas, Stations, Suicide Silence, Ihsahn, The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, After The Burial, and Gwar. More bands such as Periphery, Instinct for Rank, The Paradoxical Spiral and Animals as Leaders aimed to achieve more audio span and ambiance within metal and experimental genres by utilizing the additional strings by using a combination of octave E and top A throughout.

IIRC, Misha used an 8 string guitar on the Icarus Lives video solo. At least it looked like one. :lol:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Periphery, The Human Abstract, and Textures on the same bill!?!? :fever: :woohoo: :fever:

Please let there be a upstate NY date!

Zei

Reaction score
What's this? North American headlining tour? Bringing along The Human Abstract, Textures and The Contortionist with them? Yessssssssssssss!
Periphery | Facebook

*please come to Philly*
Yes, yes, yes, and a thousand times yes!

I missed Periphery when they came down with Scale the Summit (even though they ended up playing a house show about 30 minutes away from me...) so I MUST make this one.

Houston/Boston date! You must!

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
What's this? North American headlining tour? Bringing along The Human Abstract, Textures and The Contortionist with them? Yessssssssssssss!
Periphery | Facebook

*please come to Philly*

I'll let you know as soon as possible guys! I do have the tentative routing here and I'm sure we'll be able to announce the dates/cities/venues within the next few weeks.

bulb

Reaction score
Yeah we went all out on this tour, and its going to be hitting pretty much all major markets too!
There are a couple of fun surprises linked with this tour that we will be announcing soon, cant say much, except that gear nerds will be very happy haha!

Zei

Reaction score
Yeah we went all out on this tour, and its going to be hitting pretty much all major markets too!
There are a couple of fun surprises linked with this tour that we will be announcing soon, cant say much, except that gear nerds will be very happy haha!

Axe FX II? :yum:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
awesome news! Glad Textures is coming to the U.S. with Daniel. I saw him live with Cilice and all I can say is the rest of the singers on the tour are going to have a really hard time following him. Dude is out of this world.

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score

They'll be SOOOOO happy. Can't wait for that. But psssshhhhhhhhh

-Jan

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Within 8 hours of Jacksonville, FL... I will be there, for sure.

')