Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Believe me when I say this, Im not trying to stir up shit, Im just curious. Matt said all live drums, does that mean no samples at all or still samples to fill in the spots where its needed but the main beats recorded from acoustic drums???

we are using whatever combination of studio drums, samples and toontrack we need to get the best mix. when it comes to a studio release, we only focus on the output, and do what needs to be done to ensure that it is as good as possible

bulb

Reaction score
Here is a clip of Matt Halpern, Mike Malyan and Jay Postones's drum shed that happened the night we were practicing (at Jay's practice spot)

roast

Contributor
Reaction score
Would have loved to have caught Periphery at Sonisphere. Pity I was working, and my wallet was unforgiving. -_-

Any ideas when Periphery will be hitting Ireland?

bulb

Reaction score

VILARIKA

Reaction score
Matt Halpern did a drumming masterclass at the Metal Hammer tent when we played Sonisphere, something we found out is not the most common occurrence at a festival, but it ended up working out really well! Drummer Magazine filmed it, and here it is:
part 1: YouTube - ‪DRUMMER MAGAZINE @ Sonisphere 2011 - Matt Halpern/Periphery Drum Masterclass Part I‬‏
part 2: YouTube - ‪DRUMMER MAGAZINE @ Sonisphere 2011 - Matt Halpern/Periphery Drum Masterclass Part II‬‏

1:15 into the first video and your already pulling out the Misha jokes :lol:

Guitarholic

Booyah!
Reaction score
Well, well, well ... xD

Bildschirmfoto2011-07-13um112947.png

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
I remember seeing Matt at the tour right before their first album release. He spent 2 hrs after their set teaching a young kid basics on a wooden bench. I'm sure that small amount of time he spent with that kid had a huge impact on that kids motivation to play, as well as his musicianship. Definitely earned my respect on a personal level. Great to see him using the stage in a positive manner.

TheSilentWater

is a nerd.
Reaction score

'Nother vid of Face Palm Mute (Facepalm Mute?) at Sonisphere. Audio's a little better in this one. Sounds pretty sweet if you ask me!

')