Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
It's NOT coming in May? They lied?
Thats it. This time, it's personal.

Periphery 2 isn't being called that, is it :(

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
Uh...

tumblr_lzq6lcxXaj1rp9l4xo1_500.jpg

Is this legit?? :eek:

If that's fake then someone did a hell of an amazing job with that :bowdown:

Dethonator

Metalhead Brony
Reaction score
Prior to discovering Periphery, I was just stumbling upon Youtube videos and found some cools bands/solo artists that nobody heard of, particularly Haunted Shores and Bulb. With the new lineup and album coming along the way, I see Periphery more as a supergroup, and in a really good way. The songs don't get old for me, and I am really cool with "recycled" songs because I finally get to see them play it live.

samdaman87

Metal Cholo
Reaction score
Can they just please get a new guy to sing??? Annihilator does it all the time up until recently because they have a good singer! Well I just hope they release an instrumental along with the new CD later on down the road.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
Can they just please get a new guy to sing??? Annihilator does it all the time up until recently because they have a good singer! Well I just hope they release an instrumental along with the new CD later on down the road.

Let me break it down for you. This thread probably has at least 20 pages complaining about Spencer and that was at least 40 pages ago. If you don't like Spencer, well, he's here to stay and I guess you can read through and find where everyone else complained for whatever sort of catharsis you need. Most of the people in this thread like Spencer or have learned to

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score

He's here to stay. Get over it. Listen to some other band if you don't like him.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
I talked to Matt after the gig in Finland and he said Juggernaut won't be coming out in a while. That said, none of the songs in the studio updates are Juggernaut afaik...

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
If Spencer is the current singer person then I have seen Periphery in Europe twice and I can't see why this band needs another singer, he looks like he is in the band, he has a good voice and is into it, what's the problem?

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
If Spencer is the current singer person then I have seen Periphery in Europe twice and I can't see why this band needs another singer, he looks like he is in the band, he has a good voice and is into it, what's the problem?

people are idiots and think that periphery need to change somehow to their specifications and likes. Entitlement.

bulb

Reaction score
haha that cover is definitely fake, but it is actually really awesome!
id love to know who made that!

also the album that IS coming out is Periphery II: This Time It's Personal, not Juggernaut.

also to clear this up Passenger is NOT on that album, we havent released anything from that album yet.

Additionally as much as we all love Spencer and have cherished his contribution to the band these last 2 years, we are firing him now because a couple people on the internet complained.

sk3ks1s

Djeff
Reaction score
Misha.
To address one of your songs.
"New Groove". I enjoy this song, but do have some issues with it that I would like for you and the other members of your band to address.
For starters, it is not long enough. Please add at least another minute and a half. Also, I think implementing that 'trancey' intro bit a little later in the song would be neat. Please see if you could incorporate it in near the end.
There is also another part where Matt starts using his hi-hats to lead. Please get him to redo it on a stacked china. See if he can find a 16"/14" combo. That'd be tight.
I also think those droney bends could go a little flatter. You can achieve this by bending you guitar neck as well. Give it a try. Don't worry about warping your neck, as you seem to have plenty of guitars and lots of money to buy new ones.
I would also like to hear the guy from The Safety Fire do a couple of vocal tracks over it. Just to see what it would sound like. If you need some lyrics, I'll write them for you. I have this particular mood I want to convey with it and I don't think you could properly depict it.
Please take care of these changes by no later than Friday, Feb 24/12 and email me the FLAC file so I can torrent it before the weekend.

Thanks,

Jeff

EDIT: Also, if Mark is going to be in the band, he has to put on a few pounds or wear a turtle neck or something. His Adam's apple freaks me the fuck out.

anomynous

Reaction score
Please tell me "This Time It's Personal" is the actual title.

It may be more epic than the Veil of Maya trolling.

')