Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
You know, I was extremely skeptical of how well the vocals would be handled on MTD but this came out ridiculously well. You all are such a great solid unit, and I seriously can't wait for the album now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Wow, after four listens, Spencer really is sounding like Rody at some parts. So great! And the tempo change at the end threw me off. I'm loving this.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Being that I normally listen to band's new singles with low expectations, this fucking BLEW MY MIND.

I absolutely cannot wait till the album comes out. So glad I pre-ordered :)

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Entire track sounds absolutely amazing. I'm stoked for the entire album but especially stoked for Luck as a Constant in this quality and to see what they've done with it, I really liked that demo :D

Spencer sounds great but I'm having trouble paying attention to him with the insane drum and guitar tones! :p Great stuff

Khoi

Reaction score
just bought it on iTunes.

holy shit.

absolutely can not wait for the album to drop, everything sounds HUGE

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
Make Total Destroy is amazing. I'll wait to buy the whole album rather than just buying the single, however. Spencer has gotten SO much better as a vocalist. His screams have so much more power behind them. Also, to do all of those vocals covering such a wide range without pitch correction? DANG. That's amazing. However, I felt that the vocals in this particular song covered up so much of the amazing guitar work.

Reaction score
Make Total Destroy is amazing. I'll wait to buy the whole album rather than just buying the single, however. Spencer has gotten SO much better as a vocalist. His screams have so much more power behind them. Also, to do all of those vocals covering such a wide range without pitch correction? DANG. That's amazing. However, I felt that the vocals in this particular song covered up so much of the amazing guitar work.

This is how I feel. I love Spencer, just seems like he is WAY out in front of the mix.

iamthefonz

Reaction score
Damn, Spencer's gotten way better.

Also happy to hear a little Jake interlude at the end there. Love those.

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Haha that part at 1:45 makes me so happy. So groovy, too.

REDUCE THEM ALL TO BONES

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Sumerian uploaded the new single to Youtube:

EDIT: noticed someone else posted the link, but here it's embedded. ;)

bulb

Reaction score
This is how I feel. I love Spencer, just seems like he is WAY out in front of the mix.

We actually spent a lot of time leveling, and i would say that the only place where the vocals tend to jump out over the mix would be on laptop speakers, especially unibody macbook pros (basically anything that is really midrangy), so i'd highly recommend listening on a nice set of headphones or speakers to get the full experience!

')