Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

samdaman87

Metal Cholo
Reaction score
I am going to have to listen to this CD for a month before I can say something positive or negative about it. It's too much for me to absorb right now and I really need to examine how Spencers vocals complete the guitar work. I am still trying figure out what tracks have the guest solos. Can you guys help me out :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
I am going to have to listen to this CD for a month before I can say something positive or negative about it. It's too much for me to absorb right now and I really need to examine how Spencers vocals complete the guitar work. I am still trying figure out what tracks have the guest solos. Can you guys help me out :D

Have a Blast - Guthie is the second solo
Erised - John's the second solo also
Mile Zero - Wes is the only Solo on that track, and IMO the best one out of the three.

ddtonfire

Reaction score
Epoch is a very fun track to grab a cold one, sit down, and jam to.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
This album has put Spencer into my Top 5 favorite vocalists.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
What I particularly love about this album is that the vocals do NOT take away from the instruments. Every line is clearly very thought through to compliment and accent whats going on in every song.

Everyone does know that the only song Spencer completely wrote vocals for on the S/T was Jetpacks, right? Everything else was Chris or Casey IIRC.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Okay yeah, I went back to formspring where I saw that and he just mentioned that he wrote vocals for Jetpacks in their entirety but nothing about other songs. My fault :ugh:

I'm almost 100% sure though that The Walk, Letter Experiment, Light, and Icarus were written by Chris/Casey.

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
The outro to Masamune made me fucking STOMP around and not give a fuck who gave me weird looks at work the other day :metal:

Hell of a way to end an album :yesway:

bulb

Reaction score
Okay yeah, I went back to formspring where I saw that and he just mentioned that he wrote vocals for Jetpacks in their entirety but nothing about other songs. My fault :ugh:

I'm almost 100% sure though that The Walk, Letter Experiment, Light, and Icarus were written by Chris/Casey.

Chris didn't write anything, that was one of the many issues. In fact, we have demos of just about every song where tom and i were whisper screaming and singing gibberish to set the notes and rhythms for everything.
Casey wrote vocals to icarus, and certain parts of letter and the end of insomnia, the rest was either stuff that tom and i demoed together, or stuff that spencer managed to write at the very last minute in the studio.

This time around Spence did everything, even the vocal production, which allowed Nolly and I to just focus on guitars and bass. That was such a relief haha!

bulb

Reaction score
Oh, I thought it was a terrible attempt at throwing the mic against the wall. :lol:

He used a Manley Reference Cardioid for the vocals. No matter what he was feeling he would never dare throw that mic against anything haha!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It boggles my mind, how good this album is. Tuesday needs to hurry the fuck up and get here so I can listen in my car! I mean, I'd plug my phone into the Aux, but youtube quality would piss me off.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
It boggles my mind, how good this album is. Tuesday needs to hurry the fuck up and get here so I can listen in my car! I mean, I'd plug my phone into the Aux, but youtube quality would piss me off.

Compared to the lossless CD audio, Youtube clips sound like someone has their hariy scrotum draped over your ears, muffling the sound.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
So have the US preorders been held up because of the gap issues? Im a little wary that it's Sunday and I haven't gotten a shipment email yet.

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
^That's because it's Sunday. Shippers don't deliver on Sundays.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized you're not in the US. I don't know how shippers work around Dunkirk.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
What? I live in Maryland. I was expecting to get a notice Saturday as its supposed to arrive Tuesday.

')