Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thorerges

Reaction score
I bet 99% of the listeners couldn't even hear the difference between pick and fingers through such a dense mix as Periphery has. Let alone a live situation...

Besides, the attack that a pick gives you compared to fingerstyle really suits their style (and the said dense mix).

Agreed. Thats something Nolly has to fix with Periphery, you should at least hear the higher notes.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Here's the tab I made as I was learning it. Keep in mind, the bars/measures aren't there for musical accuracy, but rather to section off parts while I was learning it. If anyone wants to convert it into a GP file or something, go for it!

I also can't vouch for it's accuracy, but I think it's pretty close and sounds good to me.

Enjoy :)

Code:
Mark Holcomb/Periphery - Untitled Demo

DROP C TUNING
I gave this a shot because I'm allergic to text tabs, but I'm pretty sure I tabbed it out with the wrong BPM since 145 is too slow and 146 is too fast. Anyways, it's something.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vq4varr43f301y/Untitled Mrak Riff.gp5

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score
I don't know if this has ever been asked/answered: does anyone know what the sound is at the end of the vocal track of Mile Zero. It sounds like something falling over. I can't tell if it was intentional, or an accident that they kept because they didn't want to scrap the killer vocal track. Just curious....

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
I don't know if this has ever been asked/answered: does anyone know what the sound is at the end of the vocal track of Mile Zero. It sounds like something falling over. I can't tell if it was intentional, or an accident that they kept because they didn't want to scrap the killer vocal track. Just curious....

I believe that was Spencer dropping off his headphones and that it stayed there intentionally

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
From what I remember, it was actually the sound of Spencer throwing his headphones, presumably due to the emotion he put into the tracking (it's a very personal song lyrically). That being said, it always made me laugh a little, because it sounds so ridiculously weak :lol:

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/PeripheryBand/posts/836920139657883

About ....ing time. Periphery and Florence + The Machine are two of my favorite bands. It's sweet that they kept the original feeling of the song and didn't go all br00tz over it.
wub.gif

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Spencer's vocals sound incredible. FATM are one of my favourite bands so its great to hear metal versions of their songs. I'll definitely be getting this album when its out.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
It's a shame that they didn't do Heartlines though, imagine Spencers vocals on this.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
I love Florence + the Machine, and Only if for a Night is one of my favorite songs. The cover is excellent, but I can't get into it. Probably because I love the original so much. Still very well done. I've wanted to cover it, Drumming Song or No Light, No Light for a while. I guess I'll scratch that one off the short list. Ha

You guys who haven't listened need to get on it ASAP. It's cinematic music with fantastic, layered vocals drenched in reverb. It's spooky at times, beautiful at others and pretty awesome all the time.

bulb

Reaction score
Hey guys!
We have been working on this song together for the past few days now.
https://soundcloud.com/iambulb/borthelcash-new-periphery

It's an epic one and it's going to essentially be the "Racecar" of the next album! We were so excited when we were recording it that we figured we could post the instrumental version to share with you in the time being so you can get a sense of the vibe of the next record. Lots of different moods in this song, but overall it has the epic feel that our next album will have!
Hope you enjoy!

')