Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

VigilSerus

Guys gals n guitars
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been posted before, been quite enjoying this guys vids!

I like the concept and some of his humor, but personally I think a lot of his videos fall short from production value and, more personally, not really getting the heart of the bands they write for. A lot of the stuff they make bleeds together and feels like they're mismatched from different episodes of their videos sometimes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bhakan

Reaction score
I like the concept and some of his humor, but personally I think a lot of his videos fall short from production value and, more personally, not really getting the heart of the bands they write for. A lot of the stuff they make bleeds together and feels like they're mismatched from different episodes of their videos sometimes.
Agreed. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the joke, but it feels like the whole schtick is kind of "look at how formulaic these bands are! just do these 3 things and bam!" except the things he writes seem to miss the mark. It would be really funny if he nailed the feels though.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
All my basses are tuned to B standard, properly the only tuning Periphery haven't used :lol:

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
I think we should send some positive vibes out to the dudes, I just saw Spencer's post on his IG; his sister has passed away. Rest In Peace and my heart goes out to his family and friends. Losing a loved one is just miserable.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I think we should send some positive vibes out to the dudes, I just saw Spencer's post on his IG; his sister has passed away. Rest In Peace and my heart goes out to his family and friends. Losing a loved one is just miserable.

ah .... :(

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, I did google search it but I just wandered if perhaps anyone would know what gauges Misha and Jake are using on the 8s? Is it that mad EXL140 set with the buggered tensions or something more regular?

bulb

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before, I did google search it but I just wandered if perhaps anyone would know what gauges Misha and Jake are using on the 8s? Is it that mad EXL140 set with the buggered tensions or something more regular?

We all use the NYXL10-74 set. Regardless of what the gauges look like, that set actually feels wonderful, especially on stage, where we all need a bit more tension. I used to use the 9-59 7-string set +74 and that honestly felt a little loose and also sounded a little thin.

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
We all use the NYXL10-74 set. Regardless of what the gauges look like, that set actually feels wonderful, especially on stage, where we all need a bit more tension. I used to use the 9-59 7-string set +74 and that honestly felt a little loose and also sounded a little thin.

Honestly that is really unexpected :D I've been considering switching out the .80 I'm using for my low E down to a .76 cause .80 just seems to get overly woofy but I've been worried that it's a two sided thing where either the tension will feel a little too flubby or it will be negligible but sound a bit clearer :D

Thanks for the answer :)

Ambit

Beansack!
Reaction score
I found a mint, used Holcomb PRS Limited Edition. Apparently it's coming with 10 gauge strings tuned to drop C.... I've never used 10's for drop C, but apparently that's what Mark uses in the studio (he uses 11's live). Anyone have experience playing in Drop C on 10 gauges with a 25.5 scale?

robski92

Reaction score
Apparently it's coming with 10 gauge strings tuned to drop C.... I've never used 10's for drop C, but apparently that's what Mark uses in the studio (he uses 11's live). Anyone have experience playing in Drop C on 10 gauges with a 25.5 scale?

I have all my drop C guitars set up with 10-52's and I find it's perfect for me. I used to use 11-56, but I think the 10-52 suits me better.

Ambit

Beansack!
Reaction score
Behold! Could not be happier with this guitar. It is absurd how ridiculously awesome it is to play, and also sounds like an absolute beast.

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
Man, I popped in Periphery II in my car today and had totally forgotten how much I enjoyed that album. I seriously had not listened to it since Juggernaut came out and didn't know how much I missed it until today. Anyone else go through this every now and then?

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
Man, I popped in Periphery II in my car today and had totally forgotten how much I enjoyed that album. I seriously had not listened to it since Juggernaut came out and didn't know how much I missed it until today. Anyone else go through this every now and then?

Had them on shuffle all week. PII is an amazing album.

chewpac

working up to 7...
Reaction score

absolutely.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
Sorry if this might seem like a stupid question, but why is Facepalm Mute not on spotify? All the other songs are present from all other releases, sans that single song. :scratch:

vividox

Reaction score
Sorry if this might seem like a stupid question, but why is Facepalm Mute not on spotify? All the other songs are present from all other releases, sans that single song. :scratch:

It's showing as currently available on my Spotify. Maybe try reinstalling?

But I do know what you are talking about, I've noticed several albums where one or two songs are not available while the rest of the album is. For the longest time, The Parallax (EP) by BTBAM only had one song available on it (but now I'm seeing all three available). Legacy by Shadow Gallery doesn't have Cliffhangar 2 or First Light, and Shadow Gallery (ST) doesn't have The Queen of the City of Ice. It's kind of obnoxious, in a completely privileged "I can listen to pretty much anything I want to for free" kind of way.

And I'm still slightly bitter that they don't have A Skeptic's Universe by Spiral Architect on Spotify.

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
This is across 3 different PCs and an iPhone. We pay for the subscription plan, and while I do have the album on my PC, it seems silly I have to import a single song.

On another note, Lamb of God doesn't have Burn the Priest nor As the Palaces Burn, either on the service. That sucks.

')