Periphery Megathread: Everything Periphery

LeoLmX

I like turtles.
Reaction score
Really sad to know that. Nolly for me is the most innovative bass player today. His tone and playstyle with Periphery made me realize how important is the bass on a metal mix, that was the difference with Periphery with other bands, it has such a thick and yet defined sound, you can hear everything so clear. The F#0 following the 8 string guitars on the Juggernaut Alpha/Omega concluded that Nolly simply has the best bass tone in modern metal (miss that low rumble on the PIII though, bought the producer pack just for it).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shadscbr

Reaction score
I'm sad for the "not-the-Nolly" at future shows, but I have to say how so many bands seem to implode on themselves when lineups and situations change, it's really cool to see so much respect and friendship as things evolve....instead of the typical "burning of bridges", we get a hyperloop :metal: :)

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
Its sad to see Nolly go, but im glad everything went out in a good way! i wish the best for both parties and cant wait for the next album (when ever that is) to come....maybe get like victor wooten in there ..haha i jokes i jokes

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
Misha, you guys do what you guys do, its working so far.

I remember when Chris stopped working with periphery I was super bummed, I thought he was the perfect vocalist for the band and I didn't take too kindly to Spencer on the first album.

By P2 and clear I got used to it and was totally on board. I ate my words and can now see that you guys had the vision and foresight to get the most out of your music.

If you guys cant get Nolly in the future I would love to see what you guys would sound like with a Forrester Saville or Ermz production.

Thanks for all the music, I have been following since your soundcloud days and I think P3 was the best thing you have done until now. Lune and lighter songs in particular.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
cough cough, get Evan Brewer, hehehe :) But yeah Nolly is such a class act. I remember msging him some questions thru the site and to my surprise he responded rather quickly and with very genuine answers and "nolledge" ( knowledge) :)

bozothedeathmachine

Reaction score
I figured it was only a matter of time when he got hitched then quite touring. Drag. Will he still be involved in the engineering and production? Killer bass wasn't the only thing he brought to the party.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Does anybody know why you can't buy tickets for the Houston show on Nov 19th? Tickets are available for all the other shows except that one.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
My face when randomly put PII on after a couple of years on Spotify and Facepalm Mute is finally back. God how I have missed this song. :D

Psst, don't tell Misha.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Kinda off-topic but does anyone (read: bulb) know what happened to the Alex Mansoor's cover of Erised? I can't find it from Youtube anymore. :(

Latest posts

')