PERIPHERY - New song from our upcoming album is up on our NEW myspace layout!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Krullnar

Reaction score
It's fucking stupid to think a GOOD singer with excellent highs is whiny? Just because all metal bands get a testosterone enraged forty year old that can only sing half an octave does not mean that this kind of change equals "teenyboppery". Such a gay term, just like math metal, and -core -core -core.

It's not that the vocals aren't well done- they are- it's that they are too youthful sounding, which goes against the sophistication of Periphery's sound.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
For my generation their solo work sounds extremely emo. Dunno what you guys call emo music but thats definitely it for me.

again though, sounds amazing with the music and would've been the last thing I would have thought of for periphery. Never would I have imagined it fitting so well over all those complex riffs.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
So, where can I get the 3 disc ultra-special-limited-exclusive-delux-edition where the 3rd disc is the axe-fx patch and the songs with Mishas guitar removed.

Only that way I can play along looking in the mirror and virtually be lord awesomeguy :djent:

PS.
the itunes bonus song is really stupid. Makes me just want to download the whole album instead... in protest (and I ain't talking 'bout downloading from itunes). Grrr..:mad:

Don't punish me just because I like to hold the physical cd in my hands, having it under my pillow at night etc. It's not faaaaair!:squint:

cddragon

Pastor Of Muppets
Reaction score
Light in this new version is fuckin AWESOME! I know I'm not saying anything new, but I can't wait to get my hands on your CD guys! :hbang:

Reaction score
You rudely quoted me last page so incoming.

It's fucking stupid to think a GOOD singer with excellent highs is whiny? Just because all metal bands get a testosterone enraged forty year old that can only sing half an octave does not mean that this kind of change equals "teenyboppery". Such a gay term, just like math metal, and -core -core -core.

Bro, you really should have stopped and thought before you made your post. You got insulted, which is fine (And my intention, mind you.), but you then spouted some nonsense in an attempt to get back at me?

First off, I like it, but high or not, some portions of his singing have a whiny (and / or as another poster said, youthful.) quality. Also, I don't particularly like your music made by " testosterone enraged forty year olds" so I'm hoping that wasn't directed at me. You automatically made assumptions about ME and based your argument on a "NO UR STOOPID" approach, which is just silly.

Did I call you on being an idiot once? Yeah, I did, but I don't have anything against you, bro. Everyone talks about things that they are passionate about in an unreasonable matter from time to time, but don't be surprized when someone mentions that you are being unreasonable.

PS.
the itunes bonus song is really stupid. Makes me just want to download the whole album instead... in protest (and I ain't talking 'bout downloading from itunes). Grrr..:mad:

Don't punish me just because I like to hold the physical cd in my hands, having it under my pillow at night etc. It's not faaaaair!:squint:

Oh jesus, this. I fucking hate that idea.

bulb

Reaction score
well im glad that the opinions are at least completely filling the spectrum hahahah
i have to say i dont get the teenybopper comments or emo for that matter since those are both things i tend to dislike
i think perhaps in the grand scheme of the album everything will make sense, we have always been and always will be a progressive band, and first and foremost we serve ourselves, not what people want from us and not what labels or the market wants from us (sorry guys!).
This has always been and will always continue to be about self expression, and for that reason alone i would think something is wrong if everyone dug what we were doing (as that is pretty much impossible anyways).
All i know is that Spencer definitely completes our sound by our standards, has the right attitude and work ethic, and can write and sing amazing parts and is the ONLY singer we have had in the years we have been doing this who has actually completed an album with us, and that as many of you may know, is saying a lot hahah!

At any rate, keep your eyes and ears peeled for more, im trying to see if we can put letter experiment up or something like that, twould be nice maybes...

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
PS.

I don't download ANYTHING illegally, but aside from that I agree with this post. It does make me a little sad that I'm paying for the "deluxe" 2-disc version of the cd and I'm still not getting that "extra iTunes bonus song". Feel snubbed there... I'd rather have the physical cds personally and I'm sure I'll probably like the bonus song but it sucks that the only way to get it when buying the physical copy of the disc is by buying that song by itself from iTunes.... :noplease: Misha... why do you hate us?! :rofl: :wub:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't download ANYTHING illegally, but aside from that I agree with this post. It does make me a little sad that I'm paying for the "deluxe" 2-disc version of the cd and I'm still not getting that "extra iTunes bonus song". Feel snubbed there... I'd rather have the physical cds personally and I'm sure I'll probably like the bonus song but it sucks that the only way to get it when buying the physical copy of the disc is by buying that song by itself from iTunes.... :noplease: Misha... why do you hate us?! :rofl: :wub:

Oh quit your whining and pony up the $0.99 for the extra mp3 :rofl: I realize for some guys on here that whole $0.99 is apparently a HUGE deal, but come on :fawk: :rofl: :wub:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm trekking up into the mountains, guys. I want to freeze myself until April 20 so I don't have to actually wait for this album.. finally some shit I want to hear. And I fucking love the vocals.. They are emo-ish at times, but that's not really a bad thing. I also like the guitar tone again, finally.

bulb

Reaction score
god guys if its THAT big a deal im sure you resourceful bunch can figure out a way to get that one song
but we did it solely because sumerian thought it would be a good idea to give something special for the itunes version, and we dug that idea!

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
Oh quit your whining and pony up the $0.99 for the extra mp3

This. You can just buy the track individual and tag it onto the end of the album playlist in iTunes or whatever.

With regard to the vocal topic, in my opinion, looking at Periphery's lyrics, they're very emotionally charged, it's not like Meshuggah talking about replacing your body parts with bits of metal. :lol: Spencer serves the purpose perfectly to me.

cheepy91

Reaction score
im sorry misha but im still not a huge fan of Spencer's vocals. the guitars and drums sound fucking tits, but the vocals aren't that great.

bulb

Reaction score
hey its not a big deal dude, just give him a fair shot as any change is a bit difficult and if he doesnt grow on you then just be happy for us since we feel we have found the perfect singer in spencer!

Mexi

Reaction score
I absolutely love that you guys are trying breaking new ground in this sort of heavier music. Brutal growls and endless chugs have had their place but I think its been done to death. Clean vocals, especially ones with people with actual range, are seldom seen and appreciated in modern metal. Complimented with beautiful guitar work, I really see a future for you guys in Periphery and I am pumped up for your debut.

right_to_rage

Avant Temporal
Reaction score
Hey Misha is Periphery still coming to Ottawa on the 15th? I'm not gonna buy tickets if you aren't there!!

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
well im glad that the opinions are at least completely filling the spectrum hahahah
i have to say i dont get the teenybopper comments or emo for that matter since those are both things i tend to dislike
i think perhaps in the grand scheme of the album everything will make sense, we have always been and always will be a progressive band, and first and foremost we serve ourselves, not what people want from us and not what labels or the market wants from us (sorry guys!).
This has always been and will always continue to be about self expression, and for that reason alone i would think something is wrong if everyone dug what we were doing (as that is pretty much impossible anyways).
All i know is that Spencer definitely completes our sound by our standards, has the right attitude and work ethic, and can write and sing amazing parts and is the ONLY singer we have had in the years we have been doing this who has actually completed an album with us, and that as many of you may know, is saying a lot hahah!

At any rate, keep your eyes and ears peeled for more, im trying to see if we can put letter experiment up or something like that, twould be nice maybes...

Geez SS.org has become a bunch of critics lately eh? :lol:

Misha, if you guys made an album entirely of farting sounds, and had Spencer falsetto the ABCs over top of it, i would probably still find something about it that i love. Critiquing your music is pretty futile as (i my opinion at least) its your combined playing styles that makes the music so awesome.

Also what Micheal said about the 3rd edition with the patch/missing track. AWESOME idea, but i doubt it would happen. :lol:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
how about a producer edition with raw tracks for the guys that don´t like the mix? hahahahaha! :lol:

and no, i don´t want that. that removes the whole point of Bulb being a part of it :D

i don´t think the extra song on itunes is a big deal, i´ll just download that one song on itunes. hell, i might actually get the whole thing through itunes anyways, since ALL MY MUSIC EVER is on there already :lol:

i just wish the booklet would be available as a PDF download with the itunes version though...

cheepy91

Reaction score
hey its not a big deal dude, just give him a fair shot as any change is a bit difficult and if he doesnt grow on you then just be happy for us since we feel we have found the perfect singer in spencer!

the more i listen to the album sample, the more i like it. BUTTTTTTTTTT im still trying to get into Light

Reaction score
... we have always been and always will be a progressive band, and first and foremost we serve ourselves, not what people want from us and not what labels or the market wants from us (sorry guys!).

And that is one of the reasons I respect you guys so fucking much. Is Spencer my favorite singer that I've heard you guys work with? Well, no, but I still fucking love his voice and I love how you guys are using it. In time, I'm sure that long-time fans of yours will be able to get used to his vocal style, because it isn't really a GIANT leap from any of your past singers (Except for Jake.).

god guys if its THAT big a deal im sure you resourceful bunch can figure out a way to get that one song
but we did it solely because sumerian thought it would be a good idea to give something special for the itunes version, and we dug that idea!

It isn't a bad idea, and it certainly isn't about the .99 that I pay to get the song, but for this release, I'd prefer to have it on the CD (Primarily because I think iTunes only distributes in .mp3 format and I want uncompressed. If I'm wrong, please tell me.).

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
And that is one of the reasons I respect you guys so fucking much. Is Spencer my favorite singer that I've heard you guys work with? Well, no, but I still fucking love his voice and I love how you guys are using it. In time, I'm sure that long-time fans of yours will be able to get used to his vocal style, because it isn't really a GIANT leap from any of your past singers (Except for Jake.).

It isn't a bad idea, and it certainly isn't about the .99 that I pay to get the song, but for this release, I'd prefer to have it on the CD (Primarily because I think iTunes only distributes in .mp3 format and I want uncompressed. If I'm wrong, please tell me.).

iTunes uses apples own format, AAC. Its considered better in terms of quality in comparison to mp3.

Latest posts

')