PERIPHERY - New song from our upcoming album is up on our NEW myspace layout!!

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh quit your whining and pony up the $0.99 for the extra mp3 :rofl: I realize for some guys on here that whole $0.99 is apparently a HUGE deal, but come on :fawk: :rofl: :wub:

I will cut you. :squint: :wub: It's not so much the dollar amount, just out of principle. I also didn't say I WASN'T going to buy it, I have like $45 in my iTunes account, just saying I would have preferred it to be included on the physical media. :shrug: :lol: I'm so hyped about the album itself it's a non-issue really, I just felt like whining since I'm not finding much else to whine about when it comes to the music! :fawk:

I am, however, VERY excited that it's coming out as a deluxe version as well that has the second disc which is all instrumental as I love BOTH the songs with and without vocals on top. :wub: :wub: :wub:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
iTunes uses apples own format, AAC. Its considered better in terms of quality in comparison to mp3.

Oooohhhh, interesting. I'll have to look into the specifics on this one now that I know what I'm up against.

B36arin

Reaction score
We want a 24 bit 48k 5.1 version NOOOOW or else this album will be epic fail!!!

Seriously though, bulb, will we be able to get the super limited edition deluxe CD in Europe?

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
iTunes uses apples own format, AAC. Its considered better in terms of quality in comparison to mp3.

That may be true if you're comparing equal bit-rates for each file, but bear in mind that iTunes only offers the vast majority of their library in 128Kbps. That's why we hates them, Precious.

Not that it's going to stop me from buying it. The release of Periphery's debut album is absolutely not the time to go into audiophile snob mode. :yesway:

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
I don't download ANYTHING illegally, but aside from that I agree with this post. It does make me a little sad that I'm paying for the "deluxe" 2-disc version of the cd and I'm still not getting that "extra iTunes bonus song". Feel snubbed there... I'd rather have the physical cds personally and I'm sure I'll probably like the bonus song but it sucks that the only way to get it when buying the physical copy of the disc is by buying that song by itself from iTunes.... :noplease: Misha... why do you hate us?! :rofl: :wub:

I download much music illegally, but I ALWAYS buy it if I like it ;)
The funny thing is that I buy the cd, and then the first thing I do when I get it is to rip mp3 of it in to my computer, haha. It's not crappy itunes-quality though. Virtually impossible to hear the difference. I was actually thinking about ripping my whole collection to FLAC, but after a lot of blind-testing and stuff I figured it wasn't worth it. I could not hear the difference no matter how hard I tried :p

That may be true if you're comparing equal bit-rates for each file, but bear in mind that iTunes only offers the vast majority of their library in 128Kbps. That's why we hates them, Precious.

This.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
The term "emo" was definitely used very loosely and I think what people were trying to say is that the vocals melodies are too simple/conventional in contrast to the music. And I agree with that. What with the vocal mix being higher than anything else and the vocals being the most simplified thing in the songs, it really takes away from the genius of the songs.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
due to me not having money, i more often than not buy many cd´s at a time once i do have the cash to spend. so i download lots of music illegally, then buy as many of them as i can, plus ones i haven´t heard yet from the same artists, once i get the chance. if i had a steady income and all that, i would just buy the cd´s like a regular person, but i really can´t afford it. if i buy one CD right now, for example, i´m fucked.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am, however, VERY excited that it's coming out as a deluxe version as well that has the second disc which is all instrumental as I love BOTH the songs with and without vocals on top. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yeah you and me both... now I need to keep checking the damn Periphery MySpace to look for the preorder... damn sneaky Misha and his cruel marketing techniques :rofl:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
if i had a steady income and all that, i would just buy the cd´s like a regular person, but i really can´t afford it. if i buy one CD right now, for example, i´m fucked.

Ugh, the whole false sense of entitlement argument. I'm not going to further derail this thread for Misha's sake, but you should go read this and realize your rationalization, however right you WANT it to be in your head, is wrong and what you are doing is still stealing:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/1868539-post39.html

If you can't afford something, be it music/games/software that doesn't mean you download it just because you can. :noway: If everyone did that, it would make it VERY hard for folks like Periphery who are trying to get off the ground to make any money at all. I'm doubting tickets/merch were providing a TON of disposable income for those guys... :(

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
due to me not having money, i more often than not buy many cd´s at a time once i do have the cash to spend. so i download lots of music illegally, then buy as many of them as i can, plus ones i haven´t heard yet from the same artists, once i get the chance. if i had a steady income and all that, i would just buy the cd´s like a regular person, but i really can´t afford it. if i buy one CD right now, for example, i´m fucked.

So you're entitled to steal because you're poor? Fuck you dude, seriously just fuck you. Especially when you're trying to justify stealing a debut album where sales are critical to whether a band continues with a label. Here's a tip, if you can afford a computer and internet, you can probably afford a cd so spare us.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't wait to hear this in full-quality, because I can tell there's a lot going on with vocal harmonies, etc. that are just buried in the muddy myspace junk :(

Also, a 5.1 mix would blow my mind :lol: I love mixing in 5.1, and your music would definitely work well in the format.

IamOthello

Reaction score
The term "emo" was definitely used very loosely and I think what people were trying to say is that the vocals melodies are too simple/conventional in contrast to the music. And I agree with that. What with the vocal mix being higher than anything else and the vocals being the most simplified thing in the songs, it really takes away from the genius of the songs.

Simple vocals? Those vocals are so hard and skilled.. :scream:

Much harder then just screaming it all. News flash metal heads - Screaming doesn't really take heaps of talent.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Also, a 5.1 mix would blow my mind :lol: I love mixing in 5.1, and your music would definitely work well in the format.

For most rock/metal type recordings I don't think it's necessary cause there just isn't enough going on, but in the case of Periphery I completely agree. With (at least) 3 guitar parts running most of the way throughout (several of which are probably multi-layered, at that), and the bass, and the atmospherics, and the vocals + drums, you could really put somebody 'in the room' with a good 5.1 mix. Man.. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.. ;)

Really though, wiith all the anticipation that's been building, at this point for all I care it could be a 2 cassette tape set of animal-kingdom-farts, brickwalled and compressed down to 8-bit quality, and I'd probably buy it anyway.

That's totally my idea by the way, copyrighted as of this second. 8-bit Animal Kingdom Farts: the Double Album. Nobody steal it. ;)

corellia_guitar

Reaction score

Yeah I don't get this. The only things that people have heard so far are Light (which is the same as the version with Chris except for the final chorus with that bonkers high note) and the sampler, which shows off some of the epic catchy parts that have some crazy stuff going on regardless (Buttersnips chorus is simple and conventional? come on). There are plenty of other parts on the album with some insane vocal lines.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

Much harder then just screaming it all. News flash metal heads - Screaming doesn't really take heaps of talent.

this guy does some crazy shit on Light. I was pleasantly surprised by his vocal melodies because more than a few of them went in epic directions I was not expecting
I'd like to hear somebody try and sing that last chorus

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Screaming doesn't really take heaps of talent.

Thank you. I'm glad somebody said it. People like to tiptoe around that a lot. The whole 1-tone gutteral thing is more of an acquired skill than a talent. Think of it like this: Any girl is *technically* equipped to be able to deep throat, but it takes a special, talented chick to know what to do with her hands while she's doing it. That's how I see the 1-tone gutteral guys; It's like they're deep throating me without having the decency to cup my balls. Periphery cups my balls. :lol:

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score

Haha, whilst a cool idea, I strongly disagree that Periphery's music would work well in 5.1. It's all about a wall of sound with them. Tesseract on the other hand...bit more dynamics and ambience in there, that might work well.

Plankis

Reaction score
Haha, whilst a cool idea, I strongly disagree that Periphery's music would work well in 5.1. It's all about a wall of sound with them. Tesseract on the other hand...bit more dynamics and ambience in there, that might work well.

Damn, that would be awesome. All those delays and synths coming from everywhere, can there be anything less than awesome?
Especially on the denser parts of their songs where it might get hard to hear all those kinds of details.

')