Peters Hollowbody with Bigsby

theoctopus

乇レ 刀uᄊ乇尺o u刀o
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Peters Hollowbody with Bigsby
Modifications (if any): Fluence pickups, push/pull pots, Fluence battery pack, hole for charge access
Accessories (hardshell case etc): SKB hardshell case
Location (City,State or City,Country): Los Angeles, CA 90032
International: Yes
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM here, please
References (eBay or other forum userid): plenty, just ask
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $3900, shipped and PPd in the CONUS.. No trades, please.

I received this guitar from Shad about a year ago, before his shop so sadly burned down. Unfortunately, life has taken a couple twists and turns and I just don't find myself picking it up anymore. I am the first and only owner.

Specs
Monster quilt top with beautiful burst finish and f holes
Faux rosewood binding with abalone purfling
Full hollow walnut body
Flame maple neck with set-neck construction and abalone side dots
Birdseye maple board with rosewood binding, abalone purfling, and abalone inlays
Matching quilt maple headstock veneer (stained on front, unstained on back)
Medium C neck profile with satin finish extending into the cutaway on the body
Grover locking tuners
Bigsby bridge with handmade rosewood tailpiece
Roller bridge on rosewood base
Rosewood pickup rings and Fishman Fluence humbuckers (not pictured)
Fishman Fluence USB battery pack with hole in cavity cover for easy charging
Rosewood knobs, with push/pull to engage different pickup profiles and split pickups

The guitar is in mint condition, same as when I first received it from Shad, and has incurred no damage. The only modification has been the installation of the Fluence set, with new pots as needed, and the hole for the charger drilled in the cavity cover. It lives in its SKB hardshell case, which fits it very nicely.

I believe in transparency in the buy/sell process, so please note the following. The break angle on the bridge from the Bigsby is too sharp on the E, A, and D strings, which means they ride against the bridge and not on the rollers. As a result, there is a little play in the bridge with hard trem use. The guitar otherwise functions as normal, and has no more trouble staying in tune than any other Bigsby-equipped guitar.

background.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0136.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts