Peterson Strobo VSS-C Treble Roll-Off Solution?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought this pedal so that I can set up my own intonation, and it works AMAZINGLY WELL for that purpose; however, running gibson LP ---> 5150 definitely sounds different than LP ---> VSS-C ----> 5150, some of the highs are rolled off in an unpleasant way.

I thought I might be able to buy an A/B box, and do something like

LP ---> AB box ---> VSS-C ----> ? ------->5150 .......
............|................................^.........................
............|................................|.........................
............|................................|..........................
............V................................|...........................
........empress comp ---> carbon copy .....................
............|..............................................................
............|.............................................................
............|...........................................................
.....sidechain EQ......................................................

The '?' in the diagram needs to be filled in also... it could be more cable (so some cord the same shape as a TRS connecting the CC, VSS and 5150), or some other box, or whatever makes this setup work, I have no clue :wavey: . I will soon be getting a (true bypass) strymon timeline to go before the CC as well, probably a true bypass looper at the end of the chain too. Is this how an A/B box works? If not, does there exist some sort of device that will allow me to do this? If this setup is viable, what other cord(s) will I need? Would it be better to instead get a buffer and put it at the start of my chain (the VSS-C has a buffer but I don't think it sounds good in that mode, either)?

All my other pedals (and the pedals I plan to get soon) are true bypass (which is partially why I got the strobe stomp........) so I thought the A/B solution was the best, but I don't know much about this kind of stuff. Any other possible solutions would be appreciated as well! Thanks for the help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
The Peterson is true bypass.... There must be something else at play, but if you are running a lot of cable, a simple buffer will work.

')