Petrucci and Matt Heafy

• Thread starter 8Fingers
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
What did I just watch? It's like they're paying Petrucci to be a teacher and paying Heafy to take lessons, then videotaping it.

I Voyager

Reaction score
What did I just watch? It's like they're paying Petrucci to be a teacher and paying Heafy to take lessons, then videotaping it.

You didn't expect the other way around, did you? :lol:

prh

Plini
Reaction score
heafy has mad tats, the entire thing seems so awfully scripted though

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
How many super short-sleeved black arm hugger t-shirts can JP wear in a year? lol

He's definitly the man though, and having an official uniform isn't a bad thing. It worked for the Dukes and the gang from scooby-doo.

Alimination

Space Adventurer
Reaction score
I think these videos are kinda cool. Guitarists showing each other tips and such. I hope there are more to come.

jairic

Reaction score
I enjoyed watching it; pretty cool that Matt has the humility to take tips from someone.

Zelos45

Chris
Reaction score
Obviously JP is awesome, and Matt seems like a good dude - really polite and eager to learn (and clearly not stuck up). I'd like to see more vids like this.

Oh, and:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Well, I mean.. he IS sitting there with John Petrucci.. its hard to imagine someone like Matt Heafy being anything but eager to learn from someone like John Petrucci.

I thought the videos were kind of cool.

littledoc

Go meat!
Reaction score
I think this is awesome. They're both monster guitar players, and I know Petrucci's been a big influence for Matt.

The "burst" idea is pretty cool too. I took a lesson with Emil Werstler some time back and he recommended the same thing.

Also in the other vid that's a cool idea from Matt about muting the guitar and doing the sweep patterns legato just to develop the left hand.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
Edit: Because I don't know how to delete posts, I retract my out-of-nowhere rant

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
I quite enjoyed watching that. Regardless of what I think of Trivium or anything, as a video I thought it was quite interesting along with episode 2. Who wouldn't be willing to learn from Petrucci, quite honestly? Heafy does look like a twiglet compared to the beefiness of Petrucci though :lol:

Cool vid though I thought :yesway:

')