PGM 20th Reissue from NAMM

• Thread starter IrfaanSE801
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IrfaanSE801

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a little confused on the information about this model. Is this a limited run or do you have to buy it as a set with the PGMFRM1 with the list price of like 10k? I've been googling it and I can't seem to find the information I need. Is there a separate list price for just the PGM100 reissue? In case I got the model numbers mixed up this is what I was interested in:

PGM100RE.gif
[/IMG]

My first memory of working at this music store I loved for many years was seeing an original PGM100 in stock, and getting to play it for a few days when I first started working there. I was going to pick it up, but this Japanese businessman came in and bought up 5-6 of the coolest guitars we had there, and that was one of them. I would love to own this one day, but not if the price is going to be anywhere near as ridiculous as that 10k list.

Any info would be much appreciated, thanks fellas!

- Irf -

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
The guitar in the picture is the 20th anniversary PGM.

The list price is $9,333, which means it will most likely sell for a little over $8,000.

I think any authorized dealer can order one for you, I doubt anyone is gonna stock these except maybe a few Guitar Center's in major US cities. You are in New York, so you may be in luck.

If I was going to buy one of these, I would order it through Rich at Ibanezrules.com. He is probably the best person to deal with when it comes to high end Ibanezes. I'm sure the quality control on these is going to be amazing since they are so expensive, but Rich will make sure it is top notch. He says he returns something like 28% of the guitars he gets from Ibanez because they don't pass his initial inspection.

IrfaanSE801

Reaction score
IMG_8643.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for that reply, but it's not quite what I was looking for. I found another pic with what looks to be a new tag (never noticed it in any other picture) with information for the guitar I was looking at. That 9k guitar is for the bottom guitar. I think I can make out a $2666 retail price on the tag, but it's really small and blurry.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Dude, I love P.Gilbert as much as anyone, but 10K for that guitar? You must be kidding.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Dude, I love P.Gilbert as much as anyone, but 10K for that guitar? You must be kidding.

Yep, something like 200 limited run of those firemans so collectors only most likely.

As for the top PGM I'd say $2666 looks to be what it says.

Definatly a 2 for the thousand figure.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Your right, the 20th anniversary list price is $2666.55

And the Fireman price is ridiculous.

Apparently, there are only going to be 50 made. 18 will be available in the US. The rest for Japan only, with 5 dual humbucker versions going for auction in Japan.

I read somewhere that Ibanez had to set up a separate workshop just for the Fireman because Korina dust is poisonous.

70Seven

Ibanez Foerever!!!
Reaction score
Both prices are insane, I woulld prefer get one of the originals PGM100 from ebay at 1/4 of the price. Even if its slightly damaged.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Your right, the 20th anniversary list price is $2666.55

And the Fireman price is ridiculous.

Apparently, there are only going to be 50 made. 18 will be available in the US. The rest for Japan only, with 5 dual humbucker versions going for auction in Japan.

I read somewhere that Ibanez had to set up a separate workshop just for the Fireman because Korina dust is poisonous.

Haha, shit i thought 200 was a small run.

50!!!

I like the fireman but i not a $9k Fireman.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Lee's picstory of this guitar. :lol:

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
for $9k...does...does it come with a reach a round? Like from maybe Paul's hot Japanese wife?? Cause that would be only reason to get it..

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
about 15 years ago my buddy had that one! i havent seen one like it since ( or is there another one that is blue with the pink cutouts?). his was autographed though.

Arctodus

king of the monsters
Reaction score
9k is cheap for a collector guitar that is completely playable.

9k for most other guitars you get this ugly over inlay collector crap that sounds as bad as it looks. There is a point which beauty can overdo itself. The fact that Ibanez is going out of the way and using another factory to actually make these for the public is amazing.

Hey just wait 20 years may find one at a yardsale as junk for 100 bucks :lol:

Latest posts

')