Physical training???

• Thread starter friday11
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

friday11

Reaction score
Hey all,

yesterday I've read an arcticle from Jeff Waters (annihilator) and he said, that it's very important to train your back muscles!

Can somebody explain me why?? I don't see a connection between playing guitar and back muscles!? :scratch:

The reason for my question is, that my doctor have said, that I have a light twist in my spine. And she thinks playing guitar is related to...

Thanks for help...

(and sorry for my bad englisch...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

friday11

Reaction score
oh...thank you.

Well, when I play on a chair or something, I look a bit at to the left site.

So my hip remains straight, but my shoulders go to the left...maybe for 20 degree??

I never thought that this could be a problem??

friday11

Reaction score
well i actually do not know if I play "classical" :)

I just sit there and cross my legs! Put the guitar on the right leg and thats it? When I play standing (= thats bad english!!!) I'm completly straight...

Mmmmh...maybe I should always play so?? :)

Mr Sweden

Reaction score
If you dont have any problems you dont need to worry. Try keeping your back straight when sittin down. "classical" position is when you have the guitar between your legs (nasty :D) and the guitar rest on your left leg. You could try that too.

Brendan G

What is this then?
Reaction score

friday11

Reaction score
ah thank you for the picture...I have try it this way and it feels pretty good and thank you for the comlipment :)

troyguitar

Reaction score
I just try to always stand up when I play. It makes the transition from practice to live playing much easier too.

freepower

Reaction score
If I may be so bold as to recommend my posture vid? Click on lessons in my sig and it should be obvious - although I have no idea about training the back muscles. :)

')