Pick Grip trick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
I've been using V-Picks for a few years now. They are made of some kind of acrylic that slides over strings like they aren't there, but they stick to your fingers like shit to a blanket. :lol:

Never dropped one, and unless I'm really digging in I tend to hold the pick very loosely.

The Screamer in white (Pearly Gates) or pink (chick pick) is pretty much my ideal pick.

Was using Dunlop Jazztone 208s prior to the V-Picks and they were great too, although they got slippery once my hands started to sweat - I don't know what sorcery the V-Picks have going on, but the warmer your hands are the better the pick sticks to your fingers.

Mawnsterr

Reaction score
Thanks to everyones answers but this guy takes the cake for now:

I use Dunlop Jazztone 205's which have decent grip but it's still not enough so I drill a ton of small holes in them. I usually drill 15 holes in a particular pattern in each pick. I just use a power drill with a 1/16" bit. It also makes the pick a tiny bit lighter. You wouldn't think it would be noticeable but I swear I can tell.

This really helped! but tomorrow I'm buying sandpaper with a sticky back and I will try that on my picks and see which one works better for me!

Thanks man!! :)

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
I've drilled holes, applied grip tape, and cut a cross-hatch pattern in with an Xacto blade. The cross-hatching works best for me. The holes were good, but I broke a few picks. The grip tape, ugh, I couldn't touch the picks. It just felt ugly. Like nails on a chalkboard.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
After having serious grip issues with Jazz III's I switched to Dunlop Jazz III Carbon Fiber Max Grip (a mouthful indeed). I haven't looked back.

MaxGripJazzIII-11.png

Amazon.com: Dunlop 471P3C Max Grip Jazz III Carbon Fiber Guitar Picks, 6-Pack: Musical Instruments

')