Pick my 7(i narrowed it to 2)

• Thread starter reptillion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

reptillion

Reaction score
Hi people, sorry for the random threads asking for help but i narrowed my 7 to two choices. I want fixed bridge, and no schecters.

So I narrowed it down to the viper 407 and the xiphos.

I like dimarzios
I also doint mind emgs, rammstein, metallica, slayer and half the metal bands out there use em, i like the sound. I know what people say about them sounding sterile, the perfect example would be seek and destroy by metallica intro.

I kindof want a shape, like an explorer or a v, but i dont really like the xiphos that much, and i already have an sg. Im looking mainly at build quality here. Im used to thicker necks, like on my sg so neck is no problem.

I dont like sig models at all so loomis is out.

Also does anyone know where to get the viper in white, black looks not so good.

So pick for me

~Ryan

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FYP666

Kick The Gates Open
Reaction score
You can't get Viper white, except from CS where it costs about 5 k. :(

Ibanez Apex 2? It has tonepros tune-o-matic and DiMarzios, and it's kinda cool looking

IBANEZ GUITARS :agreed:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Are both neckthrough? If not, go for the xiphos. Personally that is what I'd get, but, factor into that that I am not a fan of ESP/LTD's.

But the neckthrough, 24fret,dimarzios as standard really make me gravitate towards a xiphos. Only thing I am wary about is lack of a floyd because I am so used to them.

To be honest, best recommendation is to go and play both, and figure out which feels nicest.

Nick

Reaction score
why are you even considering the xiphos if you dont like the shape of it.

Sorry but i find that completeley stupid?!?!

also, there is no white sevenstring viper on their website

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
Xiphos. The neck is more comfortable, the color is way more interesting, REVERSE HEADSTOCK, Shark inlays, Mahogany, the Gibraltar bridge rocks, it's a neck through....I mean, to me, it's just a better guitar all around. :shrug:

Solstafir

Reaction score
Gonna have to agree to the shape thing. It's something u should at least try first to see if it's not getting in the way.
Specwise i think it's better, and if u got a thing for Wizard necks this is definetely a good bet. ;)

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
Find something else. The Xiphos is the better guitar, but there's no point buying it if you don't like the shape.

reptillion

Reaction score
Im so retarded, i was looking at the 400 not the 407,Ill try the xiphos at my next outing to GC, but theres no esp place within 50 miles of where i live. The blacks okay i guess.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't get a shape your probably not going to be comfortable with. It's not going to inspire you to play it. Refinishing a blalck viper could easily be done later if you really wanted to.

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
Ok, I don't mean to resurrect old threads, but I am in the same predicament. Did you ever decide on one of these guitars or what?

I already have a guitar kind of shaped like the Xiphos.. an Ironbird. So I don't mind the body style. But the Viper is cheaper and I think it looks better as well. Plus I'm kind of neutral about Ibanez, but I've wanted an ESP for a while.

')