Pick-up Advice

• Thread starter Nonservium
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
So I scored an older Ibby RG520 who's pick-ups are insanely hot which is not really my thing. I'd like to explore options for replacements. My current axe, an Agile 727 has SD Blackouts which I love but I'd like to do something different on this.

I'd prefer something that offered a large and beastly tone but still tight low end as I generally play in Dropped-C on my 6 strings. Any suggestions on combinations that would fit that criteria in a Mahogany body RG with a Sapele top?

I've seen a few mentions of specific BKP combos and DiMarzio combinations that folks seem to like but I have no idea why.

Any input or suggestions is appreciated and thanks in advance.
:bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitar4tw

Reaction score
BKP Miracle man set? Think that would be awesome.

PM Zimbloth on the forum, he's a BKP dealer and is really good at matching pickups to guitars.

ryaneatsbrains

AMONGSTtheMACHINES
Reaction score
Lundgren M6. I know they're expensive but the M6, M7, and M8 are the best pickups on the planet if you ask me. Not to take anything away from Bareknuckle, I've always liked what they have to offer. But I'd install a set of the M6s in that axe if I were you.:shred:

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Lundgren M6. I know they're expensive but the M6, M7, and M8 are the best pickups on the planet if you ask me. Not to take anything away from Bareknuckle, I've always liked what they have to offer. But I'd install a set of the M6s in that axe if I were you.:shred:

I've never played anything with a Lundgren installed. What do you like so much about them.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are several threads about this subject already. Please use the search function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')