Pick Ups in a Nautural Finish

• Thread starter Mark 7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say go with a Blaze, it should sound pretty wicked!!

That's a sweet guitar man! I've considered getting something from Japan for a few weeks, but there are still too many guitars here that I want :agreed:

Enjoy your new 7 and treat her well:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dav2321

Reaction score
Nice ! I kept going back and forth over which color to get when I purchased mine (HRG7 Violin Flat ). Currently I have a Dimarzio Blaze Custom in it-sounds great. I'll have to get a AN7 for the neck sometime.

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
dav2321 said:
Nice ! I kept going back and forth over which color to get when I purchased mine (HRG7 Violin Flat ). Currently I have a Dimarzio Blaze Custom in it-sounds great. I'll have to get a AN7 for the neck sometime.

I owe it all to you!

The finish is exactly like an RG 321 MH, but in the pics on their site, it looks lighter (which is why I went with it) but it's darker in person. No matter though I love the look & grain of mahogany. Yep BC w/ AN7.

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
Just updating with pic - creme colored Dimarzios look great on it - Blaze Custom bridge and AN7 neck and it sounds great in my live rig. Thanks for all the input guys! *Mark wonders why his pics are so fucking big - likely it's because he is a retard

IMG_0694.jpg

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Maybe it's because you're uploading a 1600x1200 file straight from your camera without downsizing it.

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
Maybe it's because you're uploading a 1600x1200 file straight from your camera without downsizing it.

It's actually coming from my iPhoto which has no features to downsize it (that I'm aware of).

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Share -> Export -> File Export

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
bostjan said:
Looks awewsome! Those pickups really draw your attention. :yesway:

I wasn't sure they were going to look good, but seeing it makes a difference. Never a fan of the zebra look. I'm fast becoming a Blaze Custom fan.

Thanks for the :yesway:

maskofduality

Brandeis Sophomore
Reaction score
at first i used to think cream pickups were wack. but with each passing day i find myself wanting cream p/ups more and more. almost to the point that i think black p/ups are wack. i guess i myself need to go zebra lol

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Cream pickups have their place for sure. Since black and red are the most common guitar colors, black pickups are more common, but with a wine or tan finish, cream pickups look a lot snazzier.

maskofduality

Brandeis Sophomore
Reaction score
seeing as i'm tired of black guitars (my affinity strat and grx720 are black) i think anything wine like, tan, or blue is in the works for me. and IMO, a blue rg1527 with white/cream dimarzios looks just as good (and twice as affordable) as that jp7 i've developed GAS for lol.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That is GORGEOUS.

[action=Drew]is the resident creme pickup whore - just ask Vince, lol. [/action]

If I may ask, how much did that cost you?

Mark 7

McLeod!
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
That is GORGEOUS.

[action=Drew]is the resident creme pickup whore - just ask Vince, lol. [/action]

If I may ask, how much did that cost you?

At the time it was 95,048 JPY for the guitar w/ prestige case or converted to USD $832.05.

Shipping and bank fees were another 23,452 JPY or $205.31

$1,037.36 USD total. I was using it last night at practice and it is a freakin tone monster!

Well worth the $ IMO.

')