Pickup Color Codes and Diagrams - for all Humbuckers

Bones43x

Reaction score
There are alot of diagrams on tha ibanez website. That's where I went when I wired up my 5-way in my 1527...just look under RG7620.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
stupid ibanez.com diagrams aren't loading...

anyone have a stock pickup diagram for rg7321? I'm almost sure it's exactly the same as 7620 i just did except for the green/blue, but I just wanted to be sure.

Also, if anyone has a diagram for an RG550, please pm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
If you can provide the colors of the wire and there North/South start/finish? I would love to add it in the thread

The problem is I'm only certain about the north start and south finish, since in my guitar the north finish and south start are tied together and it's been more than a year since I did the install; I've long since lost the nearly worthless not properly printed b&w diagram that came with the pickup. As I'm searching for stuff now (I'm trying to rewire the same pickup a different way) I can't figure out how we ever figured it out the first time, cause I can only find one link (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ex...10359-lundgren-m8-set-wiring-into-rg2228.html) that even begins to cover it.

Anyway, the north finish and south start are RED and YELLOW, but I do not know which one is which.

Lundgren:
North Start = BLUE
North Finish = either RED or YELLOW
South Start = either RED or YELLOW
South Finish = GREEN

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in the home stretch guys... I'm almost done converting from actives to passives!
Just a couple questions:
Will grounding to the usual trem claw in the back still work if I'm using noiseless springs?
They seem to be coated and my brain just says it might not fly. I'm weird, I know.
Second, what's different about this diagram when it comes to BKPs?
I'm installing a Painkiller and I want to make sure I've got the color coding right.
EDIT: I also want to know about the solder blob on the right. Am I also grounding that third tip of the volume pot to the back?
1hum_1vol_split.jpg

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in the home stretch guys... I'm almost done converting from actives to passives!
Just a couple questions:
Will grounding to the usual trem claw in the back still work if I'm using noiseless springs?
They seem to be coated and my brain just says it might not fly. I'm weird, I know.
I'm installing a Painkiller and I want to make sure I've got the color coding right.
EDIT: I also want to know about the solder blob on the right. Am I also grounding that third tip of the volume pot to the back?
1hum_1vol_split.jpg

For BKP's, I'm not sure of the coil split... But I'm sure someone here could tell you more about it thanme, or perhaps you can get it right from BKP(???). I know that a normal humbucker for BKP is green & white soldered together, black and bare to the pot casing fro ground, and the red is the hot output, but again, the coil split I"m unsure of...

As for grounding the trem claw, yes everything must be grounded whether you use noiseless springs or not. Actives do not require a bridge ground, but all passive systems do. And besides, your soldering the ground wire to the trem claw itself, not the springs themselves.

And yes that third pin is getting bent back and being soldered to the pot casing.

AwakenNoMore

Wrong Handed
Reaction score
I have junk Ibanez INF pickups i pulled out of my RG370DXL in favor of a duncan full shred and custom, (left in the stock center single coil for now) the INF humbuckers are only 3 wire (Red, white, black) Black i have easily found out is ground, does this mean red is hot and the white is for the various coil taps configurations?

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
Anyway, the north finish and south start are RED and YELLOW, but I do not know which one is which.
Can anyone confirm which is which with the red and yellow wires?

Never mind, answer found below:

Lundgren:
North Start = BLUE
North Finish = YELLOW
South Start = RED
South Finish = GREEN

captcoolaid

MHD PICKUPS
Reaction score
Just a couple questions:
1hum_1vol_split.jpg
Shoot Tim an Email and explain what you want to do. I think his codes are the same as SD but 100% on that. As far as the grounding I personally would ground to the trem claw and the back of the pot specially if you are gonna tap the pup. As far as the lug to pot yes you must do that. I usually take a piece of wire and lay it from lug to pot.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
Hey you guys, its been a long while since I've updated this whole thing but wanted to let you know that I will be updating it here soon.

amarchand

Reaction score
Anybody found one of these for Carvin Pups? I saw a thread about it a while back but all the links were borked.

Matze777

Reaction score
Hi,

do you guys have wiring diagrams to install a Seymour Duncan Distortion bridge into an Ibanez RG421CW?
The stock pickups are Ibanez Quantum, and the neck PU will stay in the guitar the way it is.

Basically, I want that 5-way switch to work with the bridge PU as it is described here:
Electric Guitars RG - RG421CW | Ibanez guitars
But I have no idea, how to wire the new Seymour Duncan Distortion to work together with the Quantum neck.

Thanks for your help :) :hbang:

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I've got a customer asking for the following wire diagram, and for the life of me, I can't find a way to make position #3 an option.
Any suggestions?

1) Bridge Pickup (Down)

2) Bridge + Middle

3) Neck + Bridge **rather than middle pickup alone**

4) Neck + Middle

5) Neck Pickup (Up)

Latest posts