Pickup recommendations for an SG?

• Thread starter Jon Pearson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SubsonicDoom99

Reaction score
Isn't the Seymour Duncan Slug for Doom? Never tried it but it's supposed to be fat and huge sounding
Massive sounding pup. I had one in a white baritone SG a while back when the Slug was a Custom Shop only.
It definitely works great for doom and sludge-y stuff, but it wasn't as unruly as I had anticipated it being, thankfully.
It definitely got those fat heavy Baroness types of tones with some good fuzz engaged.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Has he tried something yet?

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has he tried something yet?

😂

Not yet, but I greatly appreciate all the suggestions here and it has been helpful to me. I'm currently think that Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a 59 in the neck may work for me, based on sound samples and what folks have said here, but I'm not 100% settled on it. They are available and affordable, so I may just grab a set and even if I don't like them, keep them as a backup set for another guitar.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
😂

Not yet, but I greatly appreciate all the suggestions here and it has been helpful to me. I'm currently think that Duncan Distortion in the bridge and a 59 in the neck may work for me, based on sound samples and what folks have said here, but I'm not 100% settled on it. They are available and affordable, so I may just grab a set and even if I don't like them, keep them as a backup set for another guitar.
Buy em and try em, then you know for sure. Sell or trade for the next attempt if required.

Now go!

Latest posts

')