Pickup Selection for a Washburn WG587

• Thread starter jthurm77
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jthurm77

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm one of the many people that took advantage of the WG587 deal and would like advice on what pickups to put in it. I was thinking about a Tone Zone/Air Norton combo, but I saw someone blast the Tone Zone in another thread saying it sucked.

Anyhow, the guitar has an alder body w/ a maple neck. I was also considering the Blaze Custom for the bridge. I've always been a DiMarzio guy but would be open to other suggestions.

Description of my musical tastes: Dream Theater-ish, Vai-ish,...probably lean more to a good metal rhythm tone than a blistering soloing-tpye of tone but would like to avoid "mudd"....also would like for the bridge pickup to have a decent clean tone. I'm pretty much set on the Air Norton for the neck though. My main amp is a Mesa Boogie Mark IV.

THanks!

Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jthurm77

Reaction score
I went with a DiMarzio Blaze in the bridge and a DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck. Thanks for the help.....:fawk:

')