Pics and Videos of the (Alien Green) GKG R729

• Thread starter shredguitar7690
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
WANT.

I probably was within the "for-half-a-second" category on my 36.

And I'm very excited that the production models will have an unpainted neck. That was about the only thing that made me nervous about the R729 (That and the set neck.) I was hoping for green to be production, though...not too psyched about yellow, purple, and orange being the choices (Although honestly I WOULD like a yellow or purple guitar...not sure how my bandmates would feel about it though.)

Actually it's just yellow and purple as the choices. The green and orange were just protos.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shredguitar7690

NEED MORE STRINGS!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't sell this guitar in a million years haha. It feels awesome to own something so limited. That being said the purple one is probably going to be awesome. Random question. Does anyone know of any videos of someone playing an r36 where they actually use the upper frets?

sojorel

Scourge
Reaction score
How does it play in classical position? Any chance of pics or vids?

shredguitar7690

NEED MORE STRINGS!!
Reaction score
It plays very well in classical position. I have a video in my signature. Not of me playing in classical position though lol.

shredguitar7690

NEED MORE STRINGS!!
Reaction score
The upper frets are crammed that's for sure, but I love them and yes it does feel pretty good. It's got a shit load of fret access. Maybe the scalloped frets help. Idk, i don't notice the difference.

shredguitar7690

NEED MORE STRINGS!!
Reaction score
I know how much you guys liked seeing the R729 in action when I posted my NGD http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/160308-pics-videos-gkg-r729.html. There were only 2 (i think) of these prototypes and the other went to a guy way better than me haha. But enjoy!

I made a new video with it and I thought I would share it with you. I use all 7 strings and 29 frets. It's my rendition of Van Halen's Eruption with some other stuff added in.

ZigglesShredsSevens

Reaction score
Oh lord, I've wanted one of these since they brought them out *-* Super jealous, dude!

')