Pics/Links, Multilaminate 7 Ibby body spalt/etc...

• Thread starter TonyFlyingSquirrel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have the neck already? Pics?

Here is the neck:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/642720-post10.html

Thats all I have so far on the neck. Chris still has it and then it will go to Patrick after for logo and clear coat. Patrick is the fookin master of all clear coats by the way. Here is a Jem Custom he did for me a few years ago before I quit playing 6's all together:

RainbowPoplarJemsix.jpg

Maple.jpg

RainbowPoplarJemnine.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I stand corrected... that's 24 pieces of wood... i forgot to count the cherry laminate under the maple on the wings.

I kinda wish Christopher would bend the tops on the forearm contour... i don't like seeing the laminates exposed on that curve.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score

Sweet. You're not kidding when you say Patrick is the master of the clearcoat. That looks absolutely liquid!

What woods are used on that body? I love the dark/light striping in the grain.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet. You're not kidding when you say Patrick is the master of the clearcoat. That looks absolutely liquid!

What woods are used on that body? I love the dark/light striping in the grain.

Thats actually an Alder core with Rainbow Poplar on both the top and back of the guitar oreo style. I really like how the crazy mineral colors can affect Poplar since its such a bland colored wood in its pure form. Its hard to see in the photos, but if you see the guitar up close in person there are actually blueish and greenish streaks in it as well as some birdseye like activity.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Eel if you dont mind me asking, just curious, Does CW do any finish work at his own shop (for less complicated stuff)?? I just shot him an email asking about it on the body hes making me, just for a very basic one-tone paintjob, I dont wanna get into anything too crazy/expensive at this point.. but seeing this, does he only outsource his paintjobs or is it just for more complex jobs?

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno I can't say I like that body too much. Way overkill, and all that glue must kill tone. Like, damn, that is a LOT of glue. Nice finish though and the spalted maple = sex

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Eel if you dont mind me asking, just curious, Does CW do any finish work at his own shop (for less complicated stuff)?? I just shot him an email asking about it on the body hes making me, just for a very basic one-tone paintjob, I dont wanna get into anything too crazy/expensive at this point.. but seeing this, does he only outsource his paintjobs or is it just for more complex jobs?

Chris does do some finishwork of his own, although the reports I had heard were a little sketchy. I knew Patrick has been finishing autos and bikes for years, so I went with him. I think I was the first person on Jemsite that had hired him back then. After people saw my results he got seriously booked from that point. Over the years I have gotten somewhat friendly with Patrick and at this point I wouldnt even consider building a custom without him doing the finish.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
That's a piece of art, i think that it has to be on a 7 string museum.

Latest posts

')