Pics of my friend's PRS 7-string!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
:eek:
49413297_l.jpg

48863900_l.jpg

...and yes, if John Petrucci & Mike Portnoy had a kid, he would be it. Behold....Petroitnoy! :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
SWEET, I had no idea they made 7's...must have costed a bunch though!

To my knowledge, it's only the 4th one in existence. Wes Borland has 2 of them. I'm not sure about the other. And yes, it's more $$$ than your car...well, 5 figures anyway. :eek:

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
To my knowledge, it's only the 4th one in existence. Wes Borland has 2 of them. I'm not sure about the other. And yes, it's more $$$ than your car...well, 5 figures anyway. :eek:
What, like 10,000 PLUS :eek:

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
And yes, it's more $$$ than your car...well, 5 figures anyway. :eek:
Exactly why PRSs arent worth it. looks nice though.

Laren

Symphonic Black Metal!
Reaction score
the yellow one looks like custard, blue one for the win.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was $11K. Too much for me, but still awfully pretty. :hbang:

kovachian

not banned at all
Reaction score
I'm going to assume your compadre has other sources of income, as it's hard to imagine a gigging musician with $11K in loose cash. And I certainly hope it's at least a 25.5" scale.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
kovachian said:
I'm going to assume your compadre has other sources of income, as it's hard to imagine a gigging musician with $11K in loose cash. And I certainly hope it's at least a 25.5" scale.
I heard (take that for what it's worth) the PRS on their site is 25" scale.

And at $11K, Vince's theory of el-cheapo guitar-o finally kicks in for me. I can see dropping 2, maybe 3 grand on a guitar. MAAAAAAYBE a bit more if it was really, really what I wanted (or I was rich and it was soley for collecting/reselling purposes. Hell, sky's the limit then, I guess) but 11 thousand bucks? Fux them bux. I'll pass.

I wonder if we could sell him a Mesa Dual Rec with gain that goes to 11, and mids that go to -50. How much would he pay? Pair that with his 7-string PRS, and he'd be the Nu-Metal Master! :bowdown:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, Wes Borland doesn't have any 7-strings as far as I know (or if he does he doesn't use them). I know there's been one or two PRS 7-strings passed frequently around Ebay claiming to have been owned by Wes, but I believe the actual story is that PRS made them for him when he switch from Ibanez to them, but he decided to stick with 6-strings instead and they sold off the 7-strings.

Digital Black

Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
I heard (take that for what it's worth) the PRS on their site is 25" scale.

And at $11K, Vince's theory of el-cheapo guitar-o finally kicks in for me. I can see dropping 2, maybe 3 grand on a guitar. MAAAAAAYBE a bit more if it was really, really what I wanted (or I was rich and it was soley for collecting/reselling purposes. Hell, sky's the limit then, I guess) but 11 thousand bucks? Fux them bux. I'll pass.

I wonder if we could sell him a Mesa Dual Rec with gain that goes to 11, and mids that go to -50. How much would he pay? Pair that with his 7-string PRS, and he'd be the Nu-Metal Master! :bowdown:
:lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
It's pretty, but I don't think any guitar is worth $11,000. Heck, I wouldn't pay that much for a car.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The funny thing is that the finish is almost exactly like on that Agile that Shannon has.

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
Naren said:
It's pretty, but I don't think any guitar is worth $11,000. Heck, I wouldn't pay that much for a car.

$11K is a lot for what is basically a production-line guitar.

Having said that, try asking a concert cellist how much they paid for their instrument...

If you have that kind of cash to spray around, why not try...

http://www.vanden.co.uk/

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That top is to die for... Shannon's Agile is nice (I'm considering grabbing one of the next batch myself), but that PRS is in a whole different league of pretty.

$11k nice though? Jeez, what does your buddy do, aside from looking like the love child of a bizzare prog metal relationship? :lol:

')