Pics of my friend's PRS 7-string!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
$11k nice though? Jeez, what does your buddy do, aside from looking like the love child of a bizzare prog metal relationship? :lol:

He's an International Man of Mystery. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eviltoaster

Reaction score
it's a dentist's prs :lol: fuck 11k for a guitar!!!!i spent 1500 on my esp...that was month and month of thinking if i really want to pay this

dpm

Oni Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
That top is to die for...

I reckon that flame looks pretty damn uneven for an $11k guitar :rant:
Hey, as long as he's happy it's all good. Shannon, does this dude need an 8-string?? (by that I mean convince him he needs an 8-string :D)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
For $11k, you're not getting a "production line" PRS... you're probably getting a Private Stock model made entirely by hand. Also consider that PRS would have to custom-machine the base plate and maybe the bock for their trem. That doesn't come cheap.

It's a pretty sweet guitar, but you could probably get a lesser-known boutique luthier to build you the same thing for a fraction of the cost.

And he needs to get some cream pickup rings on that bad boy.

eviltoaster

Reaction score
11k.....used toyota supra ....

hey,you can get any very good custom cheaper

Papa Shank

Be-otch
Reaction score
for 11k I think I'd get five and a half Oni Guitars instead ;)
if your buddy is happy with it though then cool

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
...and yes, if John Petrucci & Mike Portnoy had a kid, he would be it. Behold....Petroitnoy! :lol:

That's fucking scary!

But, very sweet guitar indeed. I can imagine a PRS 8 String being very desirable altogether, but tuned low B to high A. That would be fucking sweetness. :shred:

SevenatoR

Seven String Slinger
Reaction score
I've actually seen two PRS 7's on E-Bay over the course of the last 3 years or so. One was actually a prototype that had a BIN price of $17k. It was a tobacco flame top.

The other was a red flame top one that was marked 'Wes Borland Limp Bizkit' in the neck pocket and was supposedly built for Wes, but he never took delivery of it. There was supporting documentation from PRS that this was the case. I think the BIN on it was $10 or $11K.

Too rich for my wallet. Although I'd love to play one. Can't see shelling out that kinda payola, even if I had it to blow....

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I give it 6 weeks from the time Scott Kroeker sees this until he owns one. :agreed:

tonewhore

Double down baby
Reaction score
Nice. I'd take it, but can't see dropping that kind of money on anything smaller then a car.

Makelele

Reaction score
I wouldn't dare to play it, I'd be so worried about dropping it or something.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Man, I should've never brought up the price. :rolleyes:
it's a big part of the guitar. i know it's always the second thing i think of when i'm at a guitar store...
"hey, nice guitar! how much?"

')