Pics of my friend's PRS 7-string!

• Thread starter Shannon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
eviltoaster said:
11k.....used toyota supra ....

hey,you can get any very good custom cheaper

Yeah, just ask Noodles, hand-bulit goodness, for what, 10 percent of the price????

I'm sorry, but 10k for PRS, I don't care if Paul shit on it, thats too much money...I mean we're looking at what 700$ in parts tops....???

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
How the hell did you find this thread? Search for PRS?

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
sweet guitar, man but 11k is more than i could ever afford for a guitar, i paid 1.5k for my B.C. rich and that was after a year of saving. 11k is a downpayment on a house or somthing LOL

dysfctn

Reaction score
I gotta say that for me, all PRS guitars look nice - but are way too pricey for me.

That and the one's I have played were garbage IMO

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice guitar. I've never seen a 7 PRS before.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
I say if you can afford it then buy whatever the hell you want. That's a nice guitar.

7stringninja

Southpaw Bastard
Reaction score
I was SOOOOO close to buying a brand new PRS about 3-4 years ago when they released a limited run of Lefty Custom 22's.

I had the money, waited forever for GC to get one in stock so I could actually PLAY it, and to my luck.....the ONE lefty they got was the color I wanted, Emerald Green (flame top obviously). It was quite possibly the best playing guitar I have ever played. I don't think I could appreciate it as much then (although I did) as I would now.

I couldn't bring myself to pay $3200 (which is what I talked him down to if I remember correctly). I thought the guitar was worth it, but it's hard for any 18 year old kid to spend 3-grand on a guitar.

I kick myself in the ass daily for not getting it. :wallbash:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Memq, if youre going to ressurrect year-old threads all day, at least add something more than one sentence responses comprising of passing thoughts like "i like this" or "i dont like this".

Weak.

PS: You'd think for $11k they could have at least bookmatched the flame top properly.

BlackWidowESP

fuzzymuffler
Reaction score
Dude, I absolutely love that. PRS necks fit my hand so perfectly... If only they produced a seven string series.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aaaaand somebody bumps a two year old thread where the last post was Zim bitching about a pointless bump of the thread when it was a year old :rofl:

Also anybody that pays $11k for a PRS 7 when there are luthiers around like Sherman is brain damaged as you're paying ~$8k for the letters PRS on the headstock :agreed:

msherman

Banned
Reaction score
This has me thinking, my friend has a real early PRS, # 5 as a matter of fact built by Paul in his garage. I wonder what that thing is worth?:scratch:

Looking at the 7, thats not even a bookmatched top. One side is fiddleback maple, and the other side is broad flamed maple.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
This has me thinking, my friend has a real early PRS, # 5 as a matter of fact built by Paul in his garage. I wonder what that thing is worth?:scratch:

Looking at the 7, thats not even a bookmatched top. One side is fiddleback maple, and the other side is broad flamed maple.

pshaw, peeareesses ahh fo chumpz. ahll givim twennyseven dahllaz fore it

probably a medium to large fortune

drjenkins

Your Hero
Contributor
Reaction score

Hey Mike, that guitar is worth a pretty penny. I hope your buddy is aware of that. Or if he isn't, let him know!!!:agreed:

Im a big PRS freak, and I know a bunch of people that would salivate to the point of dehydration over an early piece like that.

msherman

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Mike, that guitar is worth a pretty penny. I hope your buddy is aware of that. Or if he isn't, let him know!!!:agreed:

Im a big PRS freak, and I know a bunch of people that would salivate to the point of dehydration over an early piece like that.

Yeah, he`s aware of it. I remember the day he got it, circa `80 or somewhere around that time. It`s still in mint condition like the day he got it.
It`s a beautiful guitar in trans blue (darker than the 7 in this thread).
He paid around 4k for it back then.

drjenkins

Your Hero
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, he`s aware of it. I remember the day he got it, circa `80 or somewhere around that time. It`s still in mint condition like the day he got it.
It`s a beautiful guitar in trans blue (darker than the 7 in this thread).
He paid around 4k for it back then.

That's awesome, those early models are just amazing players. Both of the ones I wound up keeping out of the 8 I've owned are a 92 & a 93 Custom 24. :yesway:

')