Pics of my meager stringed instrument collection

• Thread starter Mind Riot
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mind Riot

Devoted seven stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
I had access to a digital camera the other day and it also happened to be a nice day out, so I went a little pic happy. Took shots of all my guitars and my bass, so I thought I'd share them. I know some folks have guitars that are worth more than my entire collection, but I'm just a poor guy who takes care of his wife for a living, and I have a nice little stable of gear that gets me a lot of great sounds. No complaints here. :)

First off, my beloved number one, the Schecter 007 Blackjack you've all probably seen by now.
007outside.jpg

007outsidebody.jpg

007outsideneck.jpg

Next up, one of my Squier '51s. I have two. I routed the body and cut the pickguard on this one to install a pair of GFS Dream 90s, which if you don't know are some decent inexpensive humbucker sized P90 pickups. I also installed a GFS top loader bridge; the '51s aren't string through and the stock bridge can be a pain to restring. The route was all perfect and nice at first, but then I cut the pickguard a bit off and had to widen the route a bit, so now it's ugly and oversized. But since it's under the pickguard it doesn't matter. I really dig this thing, it plays and sounds great and has a cool vibe to it.

Squier51whole.jpg

Squier51body.jpg

Squier51neck.jpg

And my other stock Squier '51. I actually really like the stock pickups in the '51, so I held off on modifying the other one until I got this one. $80 brand new on clearance at GC. I've only had it a few days and haven't had a chance to set it up or restring it yet, which is why it has the pickguard plastic and tag still on it. The only thing I'm going to do to this one is replace the bridge, unless I end up painting it or something crazy down the road.

Stocksquier.jpg

My almost fourty year old Yamaha dreadnought that my father bought when he was in the Navy. I learned to play on this guitar and have had it since I was twelve. I've played many acoustics that play better than this one, but I have never come across one that sounds better, even expensive Martins and Taylors. It has aged and dried beautifully and has a huge, warm, room filling sound. I had some work done to it last year that improved it's playability a lot, some minor fret work and had the bridge saddle lowered a few thousandths of an inch.

Yamahaoutside.jpg

And my bass, a G&L Tribute L-2500 in blueburst. I went looking for my perfect five string a few months ago after I sold my beloved Hamer Chaparral five string to a friend just starting out. I tried over thirty basses under $1000 and took home three of them before I got this one. It's the most toneful, resonant and versatile bass I came across. It does everything I ask it to very well, from a Fender P or J to a Stingray type sound. Same pickups as in the US made expensive G&Ls, very versatile electronics setup. I love the blueburst finish, I've wanted a blueburst or greenburst finish on something since I first saw one. I'm pretty picky about basses, and this thing stomps.

GLoutsidewhole.jpg

GLoutsidebody.jpg

Not much, especially compared to the collections of some folks, but I like every instrument in my stable. I've got a great humbucker equipped seven string with real Duncans, a great twangy single coil guitar, and a nice little P-90 axe. I've got a superb sounding acoustic and a wonderfully versatile, playable bass. They all play nicely and cover a lot of tonal ground. What more could I ask for? :cool:

(Except maybe a semihollow, a Tele, a fretless bass, an acoustic bass...) :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! I like that Schecter.

Mind Riot said:
(Except maybe a semihollow, a Tele, a fretless bass, an acoustic bass...) :D

Fretless absolutely rocks, you should definetly get one.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ooooh!!! the 007 is sooo nice!! :3 I also like that bass quite a bit.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
"Yamaha Guitar, FG-110, Nippon Gakki"
Made in Japan :yesway:

i guess you have a slightly better model than i do :)

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
that model squire, is reaaally wicked. I tried out one, and wondered why they didn't mark it up $500 and put a fender name on it, just the way it is.:hbang:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Mind Riot said:
I know some folks have guitars that are worth more than my entire collection, but I'm just a poor guy who takes care of his wife for a living, and I have a nice little stable of gear that gets me a lot of great sounds. No complaints here. :)

It isn't how much you've spent buying it that makes you any good, it's how you play them. And there's loads of guitasrs that aren't high end that sound like the absolute gold :)

Nice collection, and cool pics man :)

')