Pics of the updated rig (engl content)

• Thread starter Jorock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jorock

Reaction score
So I've been a lurker and occasional poster but thought I'd show off my new setup, now that I have something worth actually posting. Just got the amp about 2 weeks ago to replace the Powerball I had. Took some hi-res photos with my dads Canon Mark IID and included the inaugural lights down, christmas tree shot :metal:

IMG_5481.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

Some shots of the back, which used to be much tidier before I downsize my rack from 8U to 4U. Now its more functional, than it is aesthetically pleasing. Pedals are a Boss DD-3 and Xotic BB Preamp both of which have cables running upwards to a Axess GRX4 mounted on the inside top of the rack which are switched in/out before the amp.
IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5479.jpg

And the christmas tree photo...
IMG_5494.jpg

...and lastly a shot of the old rig, to bid farewell...
rigfull.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thesimo

Reaction score
SOOOOOO awesome. I thought MY rack was pretty nifty and small but urs is just so much cooler lol :)

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Awesome!

What does this psionic audio thing do?

Kheros

Seasons Change
Reaction score
Wow, that's a really nice setup. I like how it's really clean and organized. :agreed: It would look even cooler if you had one of those racks that would hold your head along with all of your other rack gear.

yacker

Reaction score
How do you like the Axe-fx combined with the Invader? I've been wondering if it's worth spending the money to use an Axe as a fx unit coupled with my Invader.

Jorock

Reaction score
Awesome!

What does this psionic audio thing do?

The rack is a custom made interface that Lyle Caldwell (owner of Psionic audio) made for me some time ago, which runs to a breakout box on my board (the little black box in the top left). So the rack sends both AC power (Axess FX-1) and DC power (wah, buffer and DI) to my board in the same cable, and allows the midi from the FX-1 controller to go back to the rig through the front and out the back of the rack to all the other midi devices. Helps keeps things organized and efficient.

My signal path runs from my guitar, through the breakout box to the front of the rack and through an Axess GRX4 (not pictured), so that the two pedals(dd-3 & BB preamp) can be switched in and out of the path before hitting the amp. Allows for an overdriven signal for solos or a different type of overdriven rhythm (using clean ch.), and the U2 or pink floyd style delays (before the preamp). Signal comes out of GRX4 and through one of the 8 feedthroughs back to the front and up into the amps input. The AxeFx is strictly in the loop of the Invader :) Bottom line, I love my rig to be as versatile as one could imagine and this combination allows for exactly that!

How do you like the Axe-fx combined with the Invader? I've been wondering if it's worth spending the money to use an Axe as a fx unit coupled with my Invader.

I personally think it sounds phenomenal with the Axe in the loop of the invader. The pristine effects sound amazing no matter what channel the amp is on. I have some presets made using amp sims, so i can just bring my board and the rack without an amp and cab and run the axe-fx direct, but personally I prefer the feel of a live amp in the room. I like my palm mutes to hit me in the back when im playing live :shred: The axe is an amazing effects unit, extremely superior to the G-Force I had, and a valuable solution to replacing the need for tons of separate rack units and pedals! Plus it feels good to know I have all the processor headroom when im only using it for effects and not amp simulation as well!

Latest posts

')