Pics of the updated rig (engl content)

• Thread starter Jorock
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dudeskin

Reaction score
most of what you just said went straight over my head, but it looks sweeeeeet!!
please sir, can i have a audio sample of the god like combination :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DC23

Reaction score
Absolutely killer rig! You sir, are my hero, and I would love to hear some clips of that rig as well!!!

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
great looking rig

would it be possible to see some close up pics of the custom rack unit and the breakout box? how many cables do you actually run back and forth between your board and the rack?

vin30s in those mesa cabs?

vlover

Reaction score
Alright, alright,....you win!

Thats a sweet rig!

Do you have the FX from Axe-Fx set up like stompboxes to turn on and off, on the fly?

Jorock

Reaction score
great looking rig

would it be possible to see some close up pics of the custom rack unit and the breakout box? how many cables do you actually run back and forth between your board and the rack?

vin30s in those mesa cabs?

Hey man yeah i have a closeup of the back of the interface from when I had it in my old rack. I dont have any closeups of the breakout box, but i made a crappy quality zoomed-in pic of it. In terms of cables from board to rack I run 2. One for my guitar signal, and one for the power/midi messages. And yeah, the cabs have V30s in them. Heres the pics:
rearinterfacecloseup.jpg

breakoutcloseup.jpg

Alright, alright,....you win!

Thats a sweet rig!

Do you have the FX from Axe-Fx set up like stompboxes to turn on and off, on the fly?

Yup, all the Instant Access switches on the FX-1 controller are setup for on/off functions of designated effects. The switches along the bottom of the controller are for program changes, so changing amp channels, settings and changing the entire patch in the axefx.

I recently disassembled my recording rig so I can't make proper recordings, but perhaps i'll record some videos of different effects settings and load them into youtube. What kinds of things would you guys want to hear so I have an idea?

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome rig still I can't help but wonder how long it will be until the ENGL gets relegated to poweramp duties only :lol:

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey man yeah i have a closeup of the back of the interface from when I had it in my old rack. I dont have any closeups of the breakout box, but i made a crappy quality zoomed-in pic of it. In terms of cables from board to rack I run 2. One for my guitar signal, and one for the power/midi messages. And yeah, the cabs have V30s in them. Heres the pics:
rearinterfacecloseup.jpg

breakoutcloseup.jpg

schweet

can you post a ballpark price of what you were charged for the rack piece and the breakout box?

thanks

Patrick

edit: btw, I see an axess BS2 on your board...do you plug direct into that from your guitar? looks like one out goes to your tuner, does your main out go to the volume pedal?...and then from there to the psionic box and to your rack?

Last edited:

audibleE

Reaction score
So I've been a lurker and occasional poster but thought I'd show off my new setup, now that I have something worth actually posting. Just got the amp about 2 weeks ago to replace the Powerball I had. Took some hi-res photos with my dads Canon Mark IID and included the inaugural lights down, christmas tree shot :metal:

IMG_5481.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

Some shots of the back, which used to be much tidier before I downsize my rack from 8U to 4U. Now its more functional, than it is aesthetically pleasing. Pedals are a Boss DD-3 and Xotic BB Preamp both of which have cables running upwards to a Axess GRX4 mounted on the inside top of the rack which are switched in/out before the amp.
IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5479.jpg

And the christmas tree photo...
IMG_5494.jpg

...and lastly a shot of the old rig, to bid farewell...
rigfull.jpg

Please tell me you tour or play professionally as your main source of income. This is quite impressive. :hbang:

Jorock

Reaction score
can you post a ballpark price of what you were charged for the rack piece and the breakout box?

Hey Patrick, ballpark price I believe it was roughly $450 for the rack unit, breakout box and the two connector cables (one from the rack to the breakout box, and one from the box to the FX-1 controller.

edit: btw, I see an axess BS2 on your board...do you plug direct into that from your guitar? looks like one out goes to your tuner, does your main out go to the volume pedal?...and then from there to the psionic box and to your rack?

Yeah the BS-2 receives signal directly from the guitar. There are two outs on it, and actually the main out is the one that goes to the tuner as its closest to the tuner, otherwise I would have had to cross cables, this was it stays tidier (OCD I know), however I emailed Mario at Axess and he verified that both the main out and the split out are both buffered. So its the split out that runs to the wah then to the breakout box. The EB volume pedal is actually my expression pedal and runs via a single 1/4" cable to the FX-1 expression pedal input.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
that's one slick rig man :yesway:

do you also use it to play live or in a band? everything looks literally 'brand new'

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Badass rig man, looks great. Everything you have there is top notch. The only thing I'd change is the speakers but thats nitpicking. Congrats :metal:

Latest posts

')