Pictures of my music room & gear

• Thread starter Rev2010
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
OK, figured it's about time I show my setup and gear. So I'll post the pictures here. Just to give some quick info since the images are small size (to display on the forum):

The electronic drumset is the TD3SV - roland's cheapest but I plan to upgrade the brain later. Oh, and I haven't bought a throne and double kick yet - tomorrow. The Mesa is a Triple Rec. The floor effect unit is the GT-8. The mixer in the rack is the Mackie Onyx 1220. The guitar is the Schecter BlackJack C-7 and the bass is an ESP LTD F-205. The small amps are Marshall AVT20 and Crate MXB-50 Bass amp. The computer on the right is for recording music specifically (using dual display) while the one on the left is internet PC etc. Oh and if you're wondering about the wooden masks they're from Hawaii :D

studio1.jpg

studio2.jpg

studio3.jpg

studio4.jpg

studio5.jpg

studio6.jpg

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet dude! Nice setup you have there! What do you think of the TD-8 system. I played on one once, and thought the gumrubber is an improvement, but still prefer an all around mesh set (which I still can't afford).

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice. :metal:
But you forgot to tell us about the most important thing in the room... What kind of beer you got in that glass. :D

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Donnie said:
But you forgot to tell us about the most important thing in the room... What kind of beer you got in that glass. :D

Ha! Donnie, super fucking observant! Awesome :D The beer is a German wheat beer called Franziskaner. It's my favorite beer - and I'm a beer connoisseur. The Franziskaner sign is actually hanging on my wall in pictures studio4.jpg and studio6.jpg.

Rev.

BCrowell said:
Sweet dude! Nice setup you have there! What do you think of the TD-8 system. I played on one once, and thought the gumrubber is an improvement, but still prefer an all around mesh set (which I still can't afford).

Well this is the TD-3 but the gum rubber pads are awesome. I really like them. I'm not a drummer though. I bought the kit so when I finally get a band pulled together we can write, record, and rehearse all here (outside of real studio rehearsels before gigs of course). One of my drummer requirements is the willingness to play an electronic kit. Eventually I will upgrade the brain to either a TD-8 or a TD-12. The mesh snare is amazing. Also, some day we'll (when I have a band) upgrade the other pads to all mesh.

Rev.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That mask is fucking awesome.

What'd the V-Drums run you? I'm GASing for a set like crazy lately, and I just got my tax return. :idea:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Donnie said:

Beat me to it, you lush! :fawk:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Chris said:
What'd the V-Drums run you? I'm GASing for a set like crazy lately, and I just got my tax return. :idea:

my suggestion would be buy a acoustic kit put on mesh heads and use triggers either get a brain or run the directly into your pc and use a drum replacement software like drumagog and plug in real drum sounds.This way you get a better "feel" and the set can double as a acoustic kit if needed. THis is just what i would do:wavey:

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
thats very nice man. very professional. better than mine. an amp, guitar, and a pc microphone infront of my amp hahaha. :shred:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Korbain said:
thats very nice man. very professional. better than mine. an amp, guitar, and a pc microphone infront of my amp hahaha. :shred:
I have mine at the other side of the room and just crank up the amp, LOL

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, everyone gravitated towards the beer. Myself included! I love this place. ;)

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
That mask is fucking awesome.

Thanks :) I have one mask on the wall but you can only see a small part of it in one of the photos. The one on the floor I still need to hang up.

The V-Drum set cost me $995. The TD-3 brain is extremely minimal but sounds awesome. It only has a total of 114 sounds. The TD-6 set has 1024 but sells for a minimum price of $1350 and on most sites sells for $1495 which is fucking retarded since the TD-6 module only costs $575. So if you buy the TD-3 kit, sell the brain for like $250 and buy the TD-6 you're actually saving like $200. No logic to getting that kit. Plus the TD-6 still doesn't have positional sensing on anything whereas the TD-8 ($795) has positional sensing on the snare. As you go up to the TD-12 you also get positional sensing on the ride cymbal. When you go to the TD-20 you get positional sensing on even some toms as well as some crash cymbals I believe. But the TD-20 is like nearly $2000 so screw that.

By the way, the cool shit about the TD-3 even though it has minimal sounds is that you can use the midi out to control sounds in a drum software on your PC (in my case Battery). Plus the TD-3 has cymbal choking which is sweet. BUT, the one feature lacking on the TD-3 is that it doesn't support rim sounds on the toms so you have less sounds you can trigger than on other units.

Rev.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
bigsethmeister said:
I love the room and your taste in beer is exquisite.

Cheers!

Heh, thanks! :cheers: I'll post some pics tomorrow of my beer bottle collection (that I drank of course) sometime tomorrow ;)

Rev.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice. Yeah, I'd love to get a V-drum kit and just trigger samples of my choice within the software (just record MIDI signals from the kit).

Though, even more ideally, I'd love to have a shitload of mics, a sweet drumkit and a great sounding room. :lol:

')