Pimpin my 7!

• Thread starter Padraig7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Padraig7

Reaction score
Wad up dudes/dudets, just bought my first 7, it was really cheap and new so i went for it cos i've been wanting one for years. (Understandable being a huge Vai and Loomis fan :bowdown:)

So i really wanna pimp out this guitar and make into a shreding beast! First thing i wanna do is change the pup's then the hardware etc..... So any advice or recommendations would be ace!

Cheers guys. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Welllll.....first of all, what type of 7 did you get? :lol: We can't necessary help you as much without that vital piece of info.

Depending on if it's got actives (EMGs/Blackouts) or Passives, its all up to preference. Some people prefer passives (Dimarzio's, Bare Knuckle Pickups), others like actives (a lot of people prefer Seymour Duncan Blackouts over EMG's but some don't mind either way).

It's a given sometimes that stock passives suck in budget-model guitars, and I've changed all my guitars to aftermarkets. Again, dependent upon what it's got, what sounds best in it, and the sound you're going after.

Hardware and such is all up to you as well, I myself love to push a cheap guitar's limits by adding better tuners, hardware (graphtech saddles, sperzel/grover tuners) to increase tuning stability and playability.

It's all up to you man. But again - what kinda guitar did you get?

')