Play along DVDs

• Thread starter Maniacal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maniacal

Reaction score
^ I agree.

It has taken a lot of tweaking but I think I have written balanced material that is easy to learn. I have tried to keep to common sequences and familiar scale shapes.

These workouts are great timing exercises too, and cover all the main subdivisions.

Some of the material may look fairly easy, but playing something perfectly 16 times in a row is quite challenging.

Also, for those you complaining about the lack of DVD. The downloads are FAR more convenient than a DVD. You want to practice legato, picking and modes? Download the 3 lessons and play along. You can even watch a film or listen to music at the same time. When you can play them all to a high standard, download the intermediate lessons and repeat the process.

DVDs are usually full of self promotion and talking anyway, not at all relevant to practicing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Osorio

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the day your books go PDF, I'll most certainly get them.

Not really a shred kinda guy, mostly prefer to keep it down, but it never hurts to have the technique. Plus, there are certainly timing and accuracy benefits to learning to play fast.

Maniacal

Reaction score
I dont even know what this looks like as i havent had time to watch it

anyway, here is a brief glimpse of the 3rd picking play along

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Definitely want to snag the advanced download. Running through everything and I'm loving it just as much as the books. I recommend these.

God damn, dude. Every time I see you play my jaw drops. You are such an insanely, clean player.

Maniacal

Reaction score
Thanks, glad you like the books. The play alongs are very useful, I am writing the "super nerd" picking routine at the moment

Maniacal

Reaction score
Shit. May have gone a bit too far with the new picking routine.

Is 50 minutes too long for you guys to work on picking? Should I split it into 2 routines?

Osorio

Reaction score
For intermediate and beyond, I wouldn't say 50 minutes is TOO long. Sure, it's a LOT of time for a single technique, but someone with an "advanced technique mindset" should have no problem playing through it.
People can always pause it in the middle if they thing it will be too much. I would (will, eventually) go for it.

jbrin0tk

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with venneer, Maniacal. People who are advanced players or want to get there will probably be willing to put in the time.

Maniacal

Reaction score
Cool, I will try to finish this tonight. I need a serious amount if sales to make back the insane number of hours I have spent on this. One day I hope to get some sleep.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Shit. May have gone a bit too far with the new picking routine.

Is 50 minutes too long for you guys to work on picking? Should I split it into 2 routines?

I don't agree in the least with these other 2 guys. Some of us would like to practice advanced techniques without having to sign our life away (I can usually allot 1.5 hours in a practice, more than that gets pretty touch and go).

I know a lot of really solid weekend warrior players, I wouldn't go so far as to say the only advanced players are those with very large practice times available. More a how you practice deal.

That said, I probably can't touch the advanced workout :lol:, but soon.

I'll likely check out some of these in the near future, just not in November ('tapped out' right now).

Maniacal

Reaction score
I have just heard from my website guy that the issue may have been resolved.

If you are in the US you can do me a favour and buy a play along routine and see if it works.

In return I will send you several other routines for free.

iloki

Reaction score
Maniacal, I just bought the beginner bundle and it looks like it all went through fine. :)

groovemasta

Reaction score
Hey, is the 'super nerd' included with the advanced play along download or will that be a separate one?

Maniacal

Reaction score
That will be separate.

There will basically be 4 levels of difficulty. These routines are taking longer than expected, but I hope that all done by the end of the year.

revlover

Reaction score
Hey! I bought the intermediate picking routine and the intermediate sweep routine the other day. I haven't learned all the exercises yet but i think that the overall idea is great If you like Guitar Pro. I love GP :hbang:. When I create my own routines it's very easy to get hung up on one exercise for 30 minutes which isn't very productive. With this material you go from start to finish through a bunch of exercises without getting out of the flow and it doesn't get boring either. The flexibility and convenience is so much better than books or DVD's. The only thing I miss would be some pointers what to think about when it comes to finger settings, movement and so on. But that is only a minor thing and that is what 1 2 1 lessons are for i guess.

Maniacal

Reaction score
You can always email me if you need help with fingerings etc

I try to keep the routines blunt and to the point. Do it enough and you will improve, simple as that.

')