Played a Jackson X series 7 today...my thoughts

• Thread starter Floppystrings
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
Small finish flaws don't surprise me in this price range. I will say though, after setting up and playing multiple x series 6s they play pretty well. Comparable with any ibanez in the price range I've tried. Don't forget that a setup does wonders. Screws get loosened in transit, locking nuts are loosened, humidity changes... etc. Especially when they don't ship in a case.

That neck profile is pretty common on Jacksons. All in all, nothing I wasn't expecting.

Thanks for the review though, I will definitely wait on purchasing one until I see some more honest reviews like yours.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I played one of the quilted soloists a month back and it was killer, and this is coming from a MIJ owner. There was nothing wrong with it.

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
You've misunderstood what I said. I said: "RIP Japanese Jackson Factory". The key words being: 'Japanese' and 'Factory'
There is no longer a Japanese Factory which is why they are building more of their guitars elsewhere. I'm hoping that they are just having some teething problems, but I'm doubtful, I don't think the Non-USA Jackson are ever going to be anywhere near as good as the Japanese Jacksons.

Got it--I was not aware Jackson Japan was shut down.

RevelGTR

Reaction score
Those guitars have always felt very cheap to me. The japan ones were great though!

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
I must add, because I didn't specify earlier. I really like the X-Series Jacksons I've played at the store. I haven't noticed any finish flaws, but I haven't really looked either.

anima

Reaction score
@Floppystrings

So, judging by the " attached thumbnail " you posted, it kinda looks like a ltd thin U neck? I Freakin love this neck ( i'm doing research for my first 7s )

Latest posts

')