Playing without a bassist

• Thread starter VarialsPA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VarialsPA

Reaction score
now my band is having serious issues trying to find a bassist that is dedicated and right now we are all thinking it would be easier to just have our recorded bass as a backing track. What would be the best way to do this? Send the bass straight from logic into the pa? Any other suggestions? Thank you

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EcoliUVA

Not Gifted
Reaction score
I'm currently without a bassist and drummer, and we are practicing with the bass and drum tracks straight into the mix board. No reason you couldn't do the same on stage if you chose to, so long as you have a device to set it up.

The upside is that computers don't get hammered drunk and knock over the speaker poles. The downside is computers can't help you recover. Gotta be super tight. Another factor to consider: It's gonna be harder to hear BassBot6900 than it is to hear a computer driven snare keeping time. In-ear click helps, I'm sure, but I have no direct experience with that. Best of luck however you go about bringing the lows.

PAZ

Reaction score
It seems like everyone is having troubles finding bassist now a days =S
My band uses guitar pro to write the bass and then re-amp it with a midi bass program like Zombass or Trilian.
With this process we can write cool bass parts and do not have to spend hours recording the backing tracks each time we write a new song.

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
Do you know a good piano/keyboardist? You could try that out, and they can do bass parts. Or, an octave pedal (Check out how Jack White uses it with the White Stripes.) If you want to get creative with it you can get some unique results :yesway: Or, find a guitar player who's not in a band and convince them to learn bass :lol:

Katash

Reaction score
No problem with bass coming from a multitrack.
Yep straight from Logic to the PA would do just fine - a friend of mine does it with his band, I mixed them a few weeks ago - killer show and tight bass :D

')