Please, give your opinion(s)

• Thread starter bonuzround
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revclay

Reaction score
The mix sounds OK, but here are my pointers.

Bring up the rhythm guitars in the mix and take the leads down in the mix. That will help out a lot. Also, are the rhythm guitars scooped? They sound like they are lacking some midrange. Adding some more mids to the rhythm guitars will help them cut a little more. Drums sound fine and can stay where they are.

Blazerok

Reaction score
I would also look into the very beginning of the riff, it starts out very abrubtly, I'd add a very short pick scrape or something to make it easier to the ear.

The snare is somewhat agressive to my ears and i would add a fair amount of bass to this mix.

Good job though, I loved the phrasing!

bonuzround

Scooped-mids-noob
Reaction score
The mix sounds OK, but here are my pointers.

Bring up the rhythm guitars in the mix and take the leads down in the mix. That will help out a lot. Also, are the rhythm guitars scooped? They sound like they are lacking some midrange. Adding some more mids to the rhythm guitars will help them cut a little more. Drums sound fine and can stay where they are.

YEs, they are scooped a little, for the type of sound i look for (kind of an 80/90´s tone) too much midrange compromises the whole thing.
Yes, the leads are too loud, thanks! (mixing through headphones sucks sometimes):wallbash:

bonuzround

Scooped-mids-noob
Reaction score
I would also look into the very beginning of the riff, it starts out very abrubtly, I'd add a very short pick scrape or something to make it easier to the ear.

The snare is somewhat agressive to my ears and i would add a fair amount of bass to this mix.

Good job though, I loved the phrasing!

You´re right i does start kinda abruptly. The snare? Agressive? Blame on the reverb being on 11! hahaha

Thx!

')