Please Help Me Pick! Please!

slenderman

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm in a fucking huge predicament..

I currently have a red LTD EC1000

I've never played a better guitar, but I HATE the way it looks, and I really want a white one.

But at the same time.. I'm thinking about my options:

1.Sell my red ec1000, then buy a white ec500 for 300 (then upgrade the tuning pegs) from a friend then dish out the extra 100 for a ltd mh350

2. Sell the red ec1000 and buy a black gibson SG and put in EMGs (I think it looks fucking sick, and they play so great!

3. Just trade / buy a white ec1000 as I already know I love the guitar.

Keep in mind, we play in drop A, and I know I'll have to get most of these set up for that.

Problem is, we play CRAZY live shows (imagine the chariot, but crazier) so im SO horrible to my guitars on stage, I feel It would be wise to buy the ec500 and ltd mh350 so I wont have such a damn expensive guitar that I worry about damaging, but I still have the mh350 (which I think is nice as fuck, and will probably play live with it sometimes)

I feel like the SG would also be a great choice because I do love the way the play, and they are my favorite guitars look wise. But could be expensive as I would have to pay to have it set up, buy the emgs and install and change the tuning pegs.

Trading or buying a white one will just bring me back to the simple fact that I know Ill be getting a guitar that I love perfectly, but will worry about damaging it.

Please add any information possible such as : how each guitar will handle, if it's really worth it etc...

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just get another EC1000. There's no guarantee the EC500 will be as nice as the EC1000. They're pretty tough guitars too, so I wouldn't worry about destroying it. They aren't too expensive or rare either.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
images
images

What about finding one of those?

One has EMG's already.

idunno

Reaction score
Why dont you just paint the red one? Same great guitar, and its cheaper than buying a new one. NO need to upgrade anything.

slenderman

Reaction score
Why dont you just paint the red one? Same great guitar, and its cheaper than buying a new one. NO need to upgrade anything.

With most of these options I wouldnt have to spend any extra $$$

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just took a look at how much these are going for. For ~$700 you can get a brand new white EC1000. I'd save up a little and do that. That way you have two awesome guitars you know you already like.

slenderman

Reaction score
Just took a look at how much these are going for. For ~$700 you can get a brand new white EC1000. I'd save up a little and do that. That way you have two awesome guitars you know you already like.

I would LOVE to do that, but i'm in the process of buying / selling a lot of shit.

I have to save up 500 for a van (my band)
at least 600 for a flight case,
I just dished out 400 on a isp decimator pro rack g and 482 sonic max
I need another 200 for a furman and korg tuner
and I could use some new tubes for my 6505.

Money sucks :/ especially when I don't have a job

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In that case, just trade for a white EC1000. It's better to have one awesome guitar than two decent ones. :2c:

ibanez4lifesz

@TheGuitarRack
Reaction score
I also recommend trading for a white EC1000. Even if you are in a crazy live band, the upgrade in quality for you as a guitarist is worth it. Cosmetics are important, but tone and playability are even more so.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I owned one of these, and wasnt the biggest fan of it at the time, well it was a 400, but maybe I'll try it again

If you're interested, they changed it up for the 401, made the neck a bit slimmer (and the body a bit thicker it felt like) so they balance a lot better and don't feel as awkward.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
I would LOVE to do that, but i'm in the process of buying / selling a lot of shit.

I have to save up 500 for a van (my band)
at least 600 for a flight case,
I just dished out 400 on a isp decimator pro rack g and 482 sonic max
I need another 200 for a furman and korg tuner
and I could use some new tubes for my 6505.

Money sucks :/ especially when I don't have a job

$600+???!! A good flight case for a guitar is around $400.

Also this sounds odd but for a temp solution you could cover it in white gafting tape..

Latest posts