Please let me know what you think of this mix! Progressive/Djent.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Your guitars are very loud. I think you should Work on your levels a bit before anything else.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
Yeah agreed about the levels. You should probably see some peaks and valleys in the wave, it's a pretty fat bar. Also also of frequencies fighting for the same space. Try to carve something out for each piece.

TheManWhoWalksAlone

Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/themanwhowalksalone/boomerang-nebula-pre-1

Okay guys, so I tried working on the levels and bringing out certain things from each track. I also used a different guitar tone this time that I felt sounded better and less harsh. Let me know what you think! I'm trying to get better:wallbash: New strings would probably help bring out the Guitar and Bass much more....

TheManWhoWalksAlone

Reaction score
So once again I have gone back and worked on this more. I enhanced some of the drum parts to better suit the Guitar Riffs, as well as applying a little bit of compression to the master track. I also extended the track a little bit longer. Lemme know what you guys think! :scratch: I'm still looking to extend this track longer, add more parts and really bring out what I'm trying to realize Musically here. Still just a rough track....

https://soundcloud.com/themanwhowalksalone/boomerang-nebula-expanded

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
So once again I have gone back and worked on this more. I enhanced some of the drum parts to better suit the Guitar Riffs, as well as applying a little bit of compression to the master track. I also extended the track a little bit longer. Lemme know what you guys think! :scratch: I'm still looking to extend this track longer, add more parts and really bring out what I'm trying to realize Musically here. Still just a rough track....

https://soundcloud.com/themanwhowalksalone/boomerang-nebula-expanded

yeah, this is not good at all

the song is 100% pumping. Seems like you put a 30/1 ratio compressor on the main bus, take the compressor off, turn the guitars down

TheManWhoWalksAlone

Reaction score
yeah, this is not good at all

the song is 100% pumping. Seems like you put a 30/1 ratio compressor on the main bus, take the compressor off, turn the guitars down

I used a limiter, and I turned it down because I realize what you mean by pumping now. I turned the guitars down around 1db too. I think I'm turning the guitars up too much to make up for my lack of tone, probably because I need to change strings.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
there is still pumping going on, now instead of everywhere, it's on the guitars.

Yo_Wattup

Kick the Butterfly
Reaction score
Can you not hear that massive pumping sound? You need to back waaaaaaaaay way way off your compressors/limiters, its unlistenable.

gamber

Reaction score
wut..... Dude you should read the systematic mixing guide, its an awesome thingy to read if your a beginner (like myself)

')